Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Zetec privacy glass

BR36

Hi,

New to the forum and hoping someone knowledgable can help me. 

Just bought my sons first car, a 2008 Fiesta Climate, 1.25L which has privacy glass at the rear. 

He's having a black box fitted by his insurance company and one of the 'not allowed' modifications they'll check at installation is 'none factory tinted windows'

The windows definitely aren't stuck on and the original dealer sticker is on top of the rear window (it hasn't been sealed in by any kind of tinted film).

Can anyone confirm that these are factory fitted, are they part of the standard 2008 Zetec Climate pack or an optional extra?

If they're factory fit, any link to an official (preferably Ford) confirmation that I can show the installers really would be appreciated.

Usually privacy glass is an optional extra but fitted by a main dealer to customer specification or as just part of the model/range of the car. It shouldn't be an issue regarding the black box, but notify them and tell them it has "Privacy glass fitted as standard" not post installed tint film, and tell them it came from the factory like this. Part what insurance consider a mod is anything that is not from the factory, unless it's a like for like replacement "repair"

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that was the case and looking at it shows what appears to be a Ford fitted option. I just wondered if there was any way to prove it to them when they inspect at black box installation (they check against a list of prohibited mods according to the installation agreement). 

I think part of the climate pack was the privacy glass.

You can go onto Ford ETIS and type in the reg number.  It gives you a list of everything that was fitted to the car as standard.  Should say 'with privacy glass' somewhere in that list which you can show the installer.

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think part of the climate pack was the privacy glass.

You can go onto Ford ETIS and type in the reg number.  It gives you a list of everything that was fitted to the car as standard.  Should say 'with privacy glass' somewhere in that list which you can show the installer.

That's perfect mate, thank you very much, shows exactly what I needed

I bought an almost new fiesta zetec in 2007. at that time there was not a climate pack for the zetec as air con / quickclear screen had become standard on zetec by then. Mine came with technology pack as at that time for a few months they were adding technology pack at no extra cost on zetec(rain sensing wipers/auto headlights/auto fold mirrors).I did not have privacy glass.

I recall that shortly after that the zetec was being offered with Sport Pack instead of tech pack for no extra charge. that being larger alloy wheels and privacy glass if I remember correctly. So if you have a zetec of that age it is likely it had Sport pack free of charge.

if you go here:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=4AEE265B9EEAE1C69DEE5722305234D8.eccvas508

you should be able to look up original spec - as mentioned in previous replies (it might mention 'dark tinted glass' somewhere, my newer 2015 fiesta says dark tinted glass, it does not use the word 'privacy' even though it has privacy glass - which I do not like )

On 18/01/2017 at 2:35 PM, isetta said:

I bought an almost new fiesta zetec in 2007. at that time there was not a climate pack for the zetec as air con / quickclear screen had become standard on zetec by then. Mine came with technology pack as at that time for a few months they were adding technology pack at no extra cost on zetec(rain sensing wipers/auto headlights/auto fold mirrors).I did not have privacy glass.

I recall that shortly after that the zetec was being offered with Sport Pack instead of tech pack for no extra charge. that being larger alloy wheels and privacy glass if I remember correctly. So if you have a zetec of that age it is likely it had Sport pack free of charge.

if you go here:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=4AEE265B9EEAE1C69DEE5722305234D8.eccvas508

you should be able to look up original spec - as mentioned in previous replies (it might mention 'dark tinted glass' somewhere, my newer 2015 fiesta says dark tinted glass, it does not use the word 'privacy' even though it has privacy glass - which I do not like )

Thanks again, that site shows the car originally came 'with light tint/dark tinted glass' so we can use to confirm to the installers.