Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New clocks

Rhys8210

Hi I'm a new member and not sure where to post lol I need help as its driving me insane. Basically I have a Ford Focus 06 where the instrument cluster went wrong and needed replacing. I bought a ecu kit which included instrument cluster fuse box ecu ignition ring and key. I have all this fitted to the car and it won't start says engine system fault and immobiliser flashing rapid. I have checked fuses etc. Thought I'd ask on here as there appears to be some very knowledgeable people. 

The engine system fault and the flashing PATS (immobilizer) light will be caused by incorrectly programmed/configured modules. When changing these parts they always must be reprogrammed to match the car.

The new PCM for example must have the correct hardware version number. Next to this it also must have exactly the correct software version. If hardware version number or software version number are not correct it will never work. Incorrect software can even cause engine damage.

The new instrument cluster must also be reconfigured to match all settings/options of the car.

Next to this there is no reason at all to replace all of these parts. In case of a faulty instrument cluster you only have to replace and reprogram the instrument cluster.

16 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The engine system fault and the flashing PATS (immobilizer) light will be caused by incorrectly programmed/configured modules. When changing these parts they always must be reprogrammed to match the car.

The new PCM for example must have the correct hardware version number. Next to this it also must have exactly the correct software version. If hardware version number or software version number are not correct it will never work. Incorrect software can even cause engine damage.

The new instrument cluster must also be reconfigured to match all settings/options of the car.

Next to this there is no reason at all to replace all of these parts. In case of a faulty instrument cluster you only have to replace and reprogram the instrument cluster.

This is correct I think you may have got you self in a bit of a pickle here Coz if you don't know how to reprogram the new modules yourself it may cost a bomb to have a professional to do it>I looked myself on if I could change the instrument cluster on its own from the MK2  preface one to the   RS Mk 2 facelift the changing it fiscally is easy but to program it  well it nearly made my hair turn white so I forgot about it in the end, It's not imposable and has been done but you really need the right stuff like the cables and other software to read your car and then knowing what to do with it. There are threads on here on how to do this but it's a bit complicated and it can be done with perseverance  and you have three modules to sort out!!! Hopefully there is some one on here who has done this who could get to your car and do this for you. there is no way to get it going without reprograming the  new stuff to the car.But don't be put off it can be done good luck.

Thanks for replying both, seems like I have dug myself a big hole here lol I'll have a read up on the modules costs etc thanks again 👍🏻

Technically you said your cluster was the issue. Put all the original parts back in and leave the cluster. 

That just have the cluster programmed. 

There are companies who actually repair the old cluster so none of this is required. 

Also you can be 100% sure it all come out from the same car. Unless you took it out. 

JW is also correct it is a Immobilisers issue, however the engine malfunction also indicates ecu issue. You have to issues there. Maybe the cluster is not finding the ecu or the other way round. 

You could try double checking you installed everything correctly, or just put everything back to normal and have cluster repaired.