Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK6 - Coolent

steamy_ste

Hi all,

New to the forum as i noticed something on my car that I didnt think was normal.

I have a MK6 fiesta 2008 (last year of this model) its done 23000 miles. I thought the exhaust had a bit too much white smoke the other day so I had bonnett up checked everything. As the bonnet was up i stuck my foot through door and revved the car up. I noticed that the coolent would splash up everytime i revved it. Its not leaking and the temp gauge is fine the hoses get hot from the radiator and theres no gunk in the oil cap. It just seems not normal. Is there air getting in somewere? Should i be worried?

Its not leaking or anything you can just see it splash up in the coolent tank.

does anybody elses do this when the engine is warm?

The only symptom the car gets is juddering when setting off when engine is cold. only last about 10 seconds then its fine.

Thanks

Given the low mileage it doesn't get driven far so the white smoke in the exhaust is condensation, take it for a good thrash up the motorway that will clear it and empty the exhaust of water.

You will see the water move in the coolant tank, so long as you don't have to top it up every week the car sounds fine. Not sure what the juddering is, is the car petrol or diesel?

Could be damp around the coil pack/plugs spray some WD40 on them and see if that cures it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club