Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Projector headlights

ace666

Hello,

I have got a set of projector head lights that i'm interested in fitting to my car but dont have the loom connectors in the headlight plug for the auto level , so my question is there a way to use the manual adjusters that are in the std headlights or is there a way of making a patch loom so the auto adjusters work of the 7 pin connectors instead of the 10 pin ones?

Thank you in advance 

Regards Adam

• Like 1

Hi Adam, Not sure myself how to do it although I know it is possible as mr-venn has done it. Here is a brief description he gave to me although I never got round to doing it myself.

• The halogen lights only have 7 pins. Where as the projectors have 10 pins.
  • Behind motor more under the hi beam bulb theirs a little plug in connector. Which is basically the plug to power auto motors.
  • Unplug that.
  • Then you have the plug that pushes in your actual motor unplug that.
  • Now in the motor u have black brown and red. Don't touch the red one.
  • On the auto adjust connector. All you need is the green and red wire. All the rest are useless as the 5 wires all together on that plug.
  • Green goes to brown and red goes to black.
  • Boom they work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

After reading it I have a few questions that Im just going to ask out loud so hear goes ,

What is meant by "then you have the plug that pushes in your actual motor unplug that." ?

Then what is meant by "Now in the motor" which motor projector motor or the halogen motor?

Hope some one can shead some more light.

thanks once again Adam

• Like 2

Yet another question will this set up work for xenon lights? 

22 hours ago, ace666 said:

Hope some one can shead some more light.

😂more light 😐

• Like 3

BOOM!!!

Well that all has become so self explanatory when you take the back of the headlights.Once you are their with the instructions above it all makes sense. 

• Like 3

Pictures will follow once the following happen,

1, I actually do the deed.

2, Figure out how to add pictures from my phone.

:whistling:

OK well I'm half way doing the wiring, but will have to wait until tomorrow to get them fitted see if it works hope it does.
It seems like the two wires go from powering the auto motor to powering the manual levelling motor so it is in essence moving only two wires.

• Like 1

Well the wiring is done. It's o so fiddly. Looking forward to tomorrow and then if all goes well I only have to make sure the light angles are correct. O the fun.

OK so I fitted one and their is good news and not so good news, good news is they light up as you would expect bad news the level adjuster does not, so with the level adjuster on the headlight switch at 0 I'm thinking of keeping my projectors in and swapping them out at MoT time as I don't recall using the height adjusters. So not sure if the wiring work was needed for the units to light up as I never fitted them as I found out they would not fully work on my Ghia.