Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot not closing fully

AlexBartlam

Hi all 

this is not for me but for a nice looking mk6 fiesta my sister is looking to buy £350 first car, the only problem is the boot does not shut fully, not got alot of information off the guy as only just messaged him about it. hes supplied pictures that's all i got. does anyone have any ideas or have experiences with type of thing.

i know with the information given an definitive answer cant be given so thank you for any advice you've got. 

IMG_3010.JPG

The boot is buckled at the bottom and the bumper looks like it has dropped so I'd say it's been rear ended at some point.

yes i noticed that  too iv have asked him whats up with the boot but if its been rear ended then there could be more hidden damage 

if it did have a bump at the back as to why is not aligned would this fail an MOT

no it would not fail the mot if there is a dent or bumper is out of line. i suspect it would fail the mot if the boot does not secure down

Also worth checking if the chassis is intact, if you can.  Can be a lot of hidden damage from a crash. 

yeah it was a sale advert on FB and my sister was concidering it, so thats why i asked here about how easy it would be to fix but from the advice iv told her to stay away from that one, also seems suspishious that he hasnt replied to any messages of mine as he may be looking for a dumb buyer as i aksed quite a few question about the motor