Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powerfold mirrors aren't

TonyS

Anyone had this?  The mirrors will fold from the switch on the armrest, but not when the doors lock/unlock.

They were OK until a dear old lady hit my drivers side and left me with a stump and some wires, and even then the stump and other side folded OK.  I bought an aftermarket mirror assembly which had the wrong plug and the wire colours are different, not a problem, it was sort of my job before I retired, and I traced wiring etc and re-used the old plug.  Unfortunately as the puddle light and flasher were just sockets so I couldn't tell which was which, I connected them the wrong way round, the flasher lit when they folded once, and after that they ceased to fold.

Any ideas?

TonyS

Edited by alexp999
language

Sorry, no ideas, but I'm glad you've retired if you were a spark [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Retired about a year ago, ex-panels and control systems designer, which came in handy as I couldn't find any mirror wiring diagrams that made any sense.  I'll start another topic on the mirror swap, it may help someone. 

Might be worth seeing if you have any DTCs stored.

It might be preventing the auto folding until they are cleared.

Fixed! Just on the offchance that not folding was an option I pushed the lock on the fob twice, the indicators flashed twice, I unlocked, relocked and the mirrors folded. How do I access DTC's?

Modern cars are too ***** complex.  When I were a lad you could fix side valve Ford Populars with a big hammer and a nail file. :-) 

You need an OBD adapter and something like Forscan.

If it's working now, I wouldn't bother.