Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The US Fiesta site is now up

Aitchess

Just thought I'd mention it, because it's quite a lot more informative than the old preview site and gives a good look at what's different (and has become different) since we first saw the US was having the Fiesta too. The prices are (as ever for the US) annoyingly low from a UK perspective! The poor things still have to wait until summer 2010 for them to go on sale, though.

It's at: http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fiesta/

They've changed the names of the colours again (some of the colours could be different now, I think, unless they just look darker on the US site) and there's an obviously new one - a metallic yellow!

It looks to me like the glovebox area of the US Fiesta is different (maybe airbag-related in some way?). There seems to be a mid-section finished like the top, with quite a big recess in it, and the glovebox seems to be more underneath the dash than on ours - or am I imagining it?

I see the lower model(s) don't get those unusual LED driving lights, but black trims taking up the whole area of them and their chrome surrounds. Looks like the 4-door is cheaper than the 5-door (they don't appear to get a 3-door) and the Zetec S-style rear spoiler is called the "Euro spoiler"! They don't appear to have projector headlamps either (like the Zetec, Zetec S and Titanium do here) unless I overlooked them. Lots of other little differences but it certainly still looks a lot like our Fiesta 5 door (obviously the sedan is a different kettle of fish, looks-wise, though).

What's with the Keyless Entry Keypad? I don't quite understand its purpose.

Anyway, specced up the Fiesta I would want. Came to $19,272, which translates to £11,865. That's about £6k less than the list price of the Fiesta I've ordered, and about £3k less than what I'm paying.

<_<

I only ha a brief look at that site last week, and i noticed they only had one engine option (the 120PS 1.6 petrol) whereas the preview site allowed the option of a 1.6turbo petrol (the new EcoBoost engine) - be good to keep an eye on that Yank site to see if the EcoBoost appears as an option there before it does over here.

Incidentally both the 1.6 and 2.0 EcoBoost engines are set to be launched in the Kuga, Mondeo and S-Max from January through to March - no word yet on the Fiesta (like i keep bleating on about lol)

I am also confused about the keyless entry pad - does it need a code to be entered before you get in the car? Seems quite backwards to me, when there already exists a perfectly fine proper keyless entry system over here. Oh, and how do they expect a Yank to remember the code to get in?? lol (j/k :P)

Typical, the Yanks get more equipment for less. Also, what is it with them and ridiculous buzzwords for everything, a few examples,

SYNC® voice-activated Communications and Entertainment system

Personal Safety System™

AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control

Belt-Minder® front safety belt reminder

SOS Post-Crash Alert System™

Securilock® passive anti-theft ignition system

Safety Canopy® System with side-curtain airbags* and rollover sensor

How about Xtreme-Action®- rear drum brakes. :P

Ultra-Steer - Vehicle guidance disc. i.e., steering wheel :P

The keypad seems like a ridiculous addition. It allows you to open the door if you've forgotten your keys, but then what? Is it a keypad initiated ignition? There aren't that many buttons either so it shouldn't take much more than half an hour to crack it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club