Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would you guys recommend

Alan1991

I have started this thread to get recommedations from the experts and owners or previous owners of the MK6 Ford Fiesta. What were your experiences with the car and also what problems if any did you have with it ?. What engine would you recommend and what is a ideal budget to get a decent one ?. What spec would you recommend aswell ?

All views and opinions welcome.

I have started this thread to get recommedations from the experts and owners or previous owners of the MK6 Ford Fiesta. What were your experiences with the car and also what problems if any did you have with it ?. What engine would you recommend and what is a ideal budget to get a decent one ?. What spec would you recommend aswell ?

All views and opinions welcome.

had a 57plate mk6.5 zetec climate 1.25 petrol. thought it was a reasonable enough round around for the wife decent spec etc, thats until i got a mk7 titanium, puts the mk6 to shame its a completely different car! now i drive the fiesta all the time and the wife has been left driving my 7seater which we got as we have 3 kids. i have since managed to squeeze the 3 of them in the back of the fiesta (with car seat!) and we use it for everything now as its so nice to drive! if you can stretch your budget hold off and get a used mk7 it will be well worth the extra/wait.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately being a student i cant afford a MK7 Fiesta but hopefully in the future after the MK6 i willl own one. What would you say is a realistic budget for a MK6, it would probably be a prefacelift i buy as i cant afford a MK6.5 but id modify my car in such a way that it looks the exact same.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately being a student i cant afford a MK7 Fiesta but hopefully in the future after the MK6 i willl own one. What would you say is a realistic budget for a MK6, it would probably be a prefacelift i buy as i cant afford a MK6.5 but id modify my car in such a way that it looks the exact same.

probo looking at around 5k for a good one i wouldnt bother to mod it, id use the money to save for a deposit on a mk7 when there will be lots of 2nd hand ones around.

My advice would be to avoid the 1.4 if you are on a budget - ours used to drink a lot of petrol (probably the Welsh valley hills which meant it had to be screwed hard to get anywhere lol)

I've only ever driven the 1.25 versions when getting in a hire or courtesy car, and they were nippy enough from memory.

Spec-wise, the later your model the more you're likely to get.

Ours had problems with the rear window heater (centre element failed), electric windows winder regulator (meaning it squealed badly until it was repaired) and the CD player packed up too. All these problems were on a 2003 53plate 1.4 Fiesta Black. Handling-wise i found it to be a good little car, easy to chuck about and well balanced, although the power steering lacked feedback and it sometimes got a little tail-happy under heavy braking, but it used to get driven hard over the mountain roads from which i draw these references lol :lol: General running around, it was a good car, but like i said earlier, liked to drink petrol :(

From reviews i've read, the TDCi engine was the critics' favourite when the Zetec-S was launched and it was pitted against the 2.0 ST. Try a google search and you'll find reviews i'm sure.

Currently own the facelift model.

1.25 Style.

Cheap to insure,

Good on fuel,

Very nippy for engine size.

Shouldn't need to pay above 5k for a decent one.

I've got an 04 Fiesta Flame.

Its a good car and I get about 37mpg.

The most common problem is the Coil Pack. Mines already went once at about 22000 miles.

Great little car though