Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 125 Bluefin Problems. Or Inept Ford Mechanic?

Freefall170

Hey guys,

So.   My 2013 Ecoboost 125 has been fitted with a Bluefin remap, to go along with Mountune induction kit, also primary and secondary induction hoses.

All was going sweet, the performance increase was so much better than I anticipated.  Then, after about 3000 miles, there's become a noticeable increase of white smoke coming out of the exhaust when I accelerate.  I have two possible causes.

1.  Had the car's third year major service done at a Ford main dealer near my mums house 60 miles away for £100 cheaper than my local main dealer, so I thought I'd go stay with the family for a couple of days (kill 2 birds with 1 stone,Winner!) .  450ish miles later, brown smoke was coming from under the bonnet.  Turns out,the oil filter hadn't been put on incorrectly and the engine had run pretty much dry, for how long, I don't know.  The Mechanic at my local ford says no damage has been done to the engine as far as he could see.

2. The Bluefin. I tried to research as much as I could about the remap and possible issues, i couldn't see much.  It was on sale one day, so I thought "what the hell"

Any Ideas?

Cheers in advance :)