Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Blue Service - What Oil is used ?

avi

Does anyone know if Ford dictate what brand oil is used by its main dealers and official service centres offering the "Ford Blue Service" ?

First service due on my 16 Focus 1.5 TDCi and was curious if it's just the cheapest the dealer can buy that claims to meet a spec (if so which spec ??) or if it's a particular brand such as Castrol.  Also what spec oil should be used for the 1.5 TDCI ?  

I looked here http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepair/CastrolProfessionalProducts which appears to suggest two options with  one (Formula F) being WSS-M2C913-C and the other WSS-M2C319-D. Does it make a difference ?

Your car is under warranty, and therefore when it goes to a Ford service centre should be serviced to the specifications required to ensure the warranty remains i.e genuine ford parts, otherwise what's the point of it, and whats the point of a Ford branded service centre if they are going to use cheap parts?

1 hour ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Your car is under warranty, and therefore when it goes to a Ford service centre should be serviced to the specifications required to ensure the warranty remains i.e genuine ford parts, otherwise what's the point of it, and whats the point of a Ford branded service centre if they are going to use cheap parts?

That's the theory I just wondered how it works in practice.  Contacted a couple of Ford Main dealers and was told they would use Castrol.  Contacted an Official  Ford service Centre and was told it shops around for the best price oil that meet the spec rather a specific brand. This service centre also services lots of car makes not just Ford.  

I don't know if all oil is the same if it meets a certain spec or if there are differences beyond the basic spec hence the original question.  

15 minutes ago, avi said:

That's the theory I just wondered how it works in practice.  Contacted a couple of Ford Main dealers and was told they would use Castrol.  Contacted an Official  Ford Service Centre and was told it shops around for the best price oil that meet the spec rather a specific brand. This service centre also services lots of car makes not just Ford.  

I don't know if all oil is the same if it meets a certain spec or if there are differences beyond the basic spec hence the original question.  

Castrol is what is normally used, but then again you could always ask yourself who is it that makes all the other brands that are out there. as Castrol is owned by bp.

you`ll find that not many service centres just do one brand of car serviceing at the end of the the day if it`s vw, vauxhall etc it`s all money for that service/garage centre