Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange noise advice please

Drich290195

Could anyone tell me what is causing this noise. 

Ill post a video. The engine is not running although it sounds like it is. The key is turned to start and I have the lights off.

if the lights are on it stops is it something to do with the alternator. 

Its a 2003 1.4 fiesta. Many thanks. 

Video. 

Sounds like the heater fan the alternator only runs when the engine is running:smile:

or could be the power steering pump if its the electric type

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Sounds like the heater fan the alternator only runs when the engine is running:smile:

or could be the power steering pump if its the electric type

Would that run if the engine wasn't running. Cause it does it regardless. Is it a easy fix. 

But then why would it make a difference if I turn the lights on or off?

Do any of the pulleys turn If the key is just turned to on?

power steering pump if its the electric type has to be coded in by ford  but it strange that it keeps running like that

I would take a look at the wiring around the pump it may be shorting out

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

power steering pump if its the electric type has to be coded in by ford  but it strange that it keeps running like that

Don't think it is the pump think the pump is belt driven. Like I said its 03 so old. It's odd that it stops when the lights are turned off and only starts when they are on regardless of whether the engine is running or not. 

your sig says  it a 2006 so not the pump maybe air con

6 minutes ago, dezwez said:

your sig says  it a 2006 so not the pump maybe air con

Apologies it's my other car that is the ST. Bit more detail it only makes the sound when the light is on it is coming from the light. 

If the engine is on or off and the lights are off no noise. As soon as I turn them on regardless of engine state it starts making the noise 

can a light make a noise ?

• Like 1

do you lights have the little motors that rise the lights up and down it might be stuck on I think you just turn the motor to remove it

6 minutes ago, dezwez said:

do you lights have the little motors that rise the lights up and down it might be stuck on I think you just turn the motor to remove it

Winner that man. Thanks When i turn the nob i can here the left one moving but the right one keeps making that noise. Guessing the right one is buggered then as it does not react. Are these part of the lights or can i replace the motor?

• Like 1

yes and not to bad price on feebay :smile:

11 minutes ago, dezwez said:

yes and not to bad price on feebay :smile:

thank god it wasn't something major lol

most times its some thing stupid but you can  be hunting for ages glad its sorted :smile:

this is what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-FORD-FOCUS-MK1-2002-2005-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-ADJUSTMENT-MOTOR-XS4X-13K198-AB-/311783525999?hash=item4897bf0e6f:g:mOoAAOSwnHZYd8k7

12 hours ago, dezwez said:

most times its some thing stupid but you can  be hunting for ages glad its sorted :smile:

this is what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-FORD-FOCUS-MK1-2002-2005-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-ADJUSTMENT-MOTOR-XS4X-13K198-AB-/311783525999?hash=item4897bf0e6f:g:mOoAAOSwnHZYd8k7

Definitely thanks a lot 

this is what you need

Any idea on where i can find a guide to remove these or where the actual things are 

this is what you need

Any idea on where i can find a guide to remove these or where the actual things are 

• Like 1

Take the back cover off the head light as if you were replacing a bulb.

You should be able to see the motor it should just turn to remove it then disconnect

The wiring plug I find a little mirror will help if its not in there take a good look

around the back of the head lamp housing you should be able to see it

21 hours ago, Drich290195 said:

Could anyone tell me what is causing this noise. 

Ill post a video. The engine is not running although it sounds like it is. The key is turned to start and I have the lights off.

if the lights are on it stops is it something to do with the alternator. 

Its a 2003 1.4 fiesta. Many thanks. 

Video. 

That's the little field mouse peddling like Lance Armstrong #KeepHerLitt 😥

I've never heard one do that before haha, I got a whole headlight from motor hog for £20 if there's anything else wrong with it.

3 hours ago, dezwez said:

Take the back cover off the head light as if you were replacing a bulb.

You should be able to see the motor it should just turn to remove it then disconnect

The wiring plug I find a little mirror will help if its not in there take a good look

around the back of the head lamp housing you should be able to see it

i can see it but bugger knows how to get it out. Do i need to take the light apart?

if you can turn it side ways it should come out if not you may have to take the light out ford doesn't give you much room

with these lights

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

if you can turn it side ways it should come out if not you may have to take the light out ford doesn't give you much room

with these lights

I'm right in thinking this is the motor how do I turn that. See picture linked 

take the light out as I can not see it in your picture  heres a link to take it out

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

take the light out as I can not see it in your picture  heres a link to take it out

Taken it out. Do I need to remove a screw or anything to get the motor out just can't get in to get it out 

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

I did a video showing its placement. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club