Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera

britishgoose01

I have the ford mondeo titanium x business edition.

Ive seen another similar to mine with a reversing camera and the camera seems to be connected or linked to the monitor on the dashboard. My car doesnt have a camera but am wondering if it would be possible to fit a camera and connect it to the monitor? Just wondering if anyone knows

• 2 weeks later...

This is the central large console, this is what am wondering if I could connect the reversing camera to

console.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, britishgoose01 said:

This is the central large console, this is what am wondering if I could connect the reversing camera to

console.jpg

Hi, 

There should be a connection at the rear of the headunit for the genuine ford reversing camera only.

this can work out to be quite expensive particularly if the headunit itself requires a software update from ford to allow it communicate with the camera.

Ford can charge 75GBP just to connect the OBD port to there laptop.

I suppose you could ask ford for a price and maybe they will explain the specific process to you, 

Then you could source the camera on eBay and install it yourself if software wasn't part of installation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

No, sorry, your head unit does not have any reverse camera input connection. You will need to have the HU with chrome separators between the buttons and chrome rings around the dials (see attached picture), these have the camera input connection at the back.

NAVI_with_reverse_camera.JPG

• Like 1