Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con ROASTING HOT

JayG90

I seem to be having some issues with my Mk7 2011 Fiesta recently. It's driving me insane and a friend is starting to worry me by saying Head Gasket is about to give way. But lad I work with who was a mechanic for 14 years says it doesn't sound like it. Basic story...

I was low on coolant so topped it up, it drank it below the line (after a top up)... did this about 3 times but kept topping up. NOW it's finally stopped. FOR NOW. I have just done a 3 hour trip, bare in mind I am doing 120 miles a day to work and back. My coolant went over 3 trips. This 3 hour trip took me roughly 160 miles with a stop. I've come home to find the coolant hasn't moved.

I can not see any leaks anywhere, it's had an oil change yesterday, which I did myself and could not see anything no leaks, no drips... I've turned AC on hot today ( was -2 where we went) and AC got that hot I couldn't touch the vents, I've never had it this hot.

I'm hoping the coolant loss has now stopped - but for now can not say for 100% but am doing 120 miles tonight so can update.

Any opinions on this as I'm really hoping it's not the head gasket. Car is at 71k.

Thanks

• Like 1

it would not do 300 miles with the head gasket gone not without over heating sound like you have dodge a built 

I've had two people saying it's not the head gasket. So that was out the question in my mind but thought I'd mention it and ask you guys.

Do you have any ideas where to start looking or maybe nothing even wrong and just been paranoid?

The car still drives sound, pulls nicely and doesn't feel odd in one bit (if that's best to describe it)

• Like 1

just keep running it should be fine:smile: