Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hesation at low revs

Col66

My 2012 Focus 2.0tdci Titanium x now and again has a hesitation when on low revs or when on slight throttle. Did wonder if it was the DPF but I don't do short journeys, usually a minimum of 15 miles to work.Anyone got any ideas?

15 miles is a short journey, could be just needing a new fuel filter though, these need changing at least every 10k miles at the most I'd say on a Diesel or you get problems as I did but left it longer and longer.

Is the fuel filter the same as on the Mondeo where you have to hand pump the diesel to the pump when you change it?

Changed the fuel filter yesterday, not as bad as a mk4 Mondeo. See if that makes any difference. 

Not made any difference, having read posts on hear I believe the problem is the EGR valve. Ford garage quoted me £400 for a new one plus fitting!

Looks quite awkward to remove.

Yes no codes found. Took the car to local ford garage today as it became much worse the car was hesitating at all speeds. Mechanic found a fault on bank 2 of the injectors. He just checked all the wires and plugs. I drove it home and it never hesitated once. Mechanic did say I might need a new injector at £225 +vat plus 2 hours labour. 

I will see how it goes.