Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam Problems

MrGinjaNinja

Hi all,

Just purchased a Nextbase 312GW today and I'm having a few issues with it. Probably user error, but best to check.

I plugged the camera into my laptop to charge it as was recommended, without the GPS mount attached. Camera comes on and appears to function correctly. If I then attach the GPS mount to the camera with the power cable still plugged into the camera, it switches itself off for some reason.

Took it out to my car and connected the 12V cigarette lighter cable to the GPS mount and attached it to my windscreen and then attached the camera to the mount. All that happens is that the camera turns on, gets to the Nextbase logo, plays the little startup tune and then turns off and repeats the process again.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong here? I have a Class 10 microSDHC card inserted.

14 minutes ago, E5GDM said:

Have you 'formatted' the card?

Yep, did that through the menus on the camera.

Some cameras (when using GPS mount) need plugged in via a socket on the GPS mount rather than the camera.  Worth checking. 

2 hours ago, jbell said:

Some cameras (when using GPS mount) need plugged in via a socket on the GPS mount rather than the camera.  Worth checking. 

Tried that as well. Beginning to think that I've been unlucky and got a dud unit. Will take it back to Halfords on my day off.

Took the camera back to Halfords yesterday. Turns out that the camera itself ws faulty and not the GPS unit so they just replaced the whole thing. All works fine now.