Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maslin4863

Anti Roll Bar Drop links

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have done a search but not found the answer i am looking for, I get a really annoying knocking from the rear when i drive over some bumps (which sounds like something bouncing about in the boot) checked today and was told there was very slight movement in the off side rear suspension arm link which i am assuming is a rear drop link for the anti roll bar. I am wondering if this an urgent repair that if left can cause damage to other parts of my car or does anybody know if it can wait until i have my MOT in March :blink: ?

Just done these on me dads mondeo, fairly cheap to do, just bit fiddly, if they bad, they want for MOT, worth doing really, will only get worse...be the drop links...but the inner bushes do wear too but I managed to repack the inners coz they were order only!!

I got the drop links kit both sides for like a tenner inc VAT at local motor factors, maybe a hour to do on me drive :)

I had a knocking on the back end of my 03 mondeo tdci. It took very little time to change one of the link arms, but I also uprated the subframe suspension bushes to poly ones. This stopped all the noises at the back end, and there is no real difference in ride comfort, but they'll last loads longer.