Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's this connector for?

David66

Hi, my son has just bought his first car, a 2009 fiesta, studio 1.2. We've spotted that in the side of diver's footwell, next to the central console a 3 pin electrical connector is poking out a couple of inches. It's got two yellow & purple wires. See photo attached. I've trawled google but can't seem to find an explanation of what it's for. I wondered if it's an auxiliary connection to the stereo? Can anyone help explain this please?

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

its most likely been like that since it came off the production line, different models of the same car tend to have the same wiring but have different gadgets or extras but all have the same wiring to save money and time on fords end, i cant tell you what its for unfortunately maybe someone can shed some light on this.

• Like 1

Have you checked all the switches on the centre console do what they should? It could be off the back of one of them. Also, it could be related to the radio, can you take it out and check?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jonro, there is an auxiliary button on the centre console/stereo but as the car is the basic studio model there's no jack socket. So I wondered if it could be the standard factory wiring for that auxiliary function. Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram that might confirm this?  The wires are two-tone yellow & purple. if I'm right, that would be great as we could potential attach a jack socket to it and use it.