Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electronic throttle body relearn procedure?

H4wkeye

Hello, I'm planning to clean the throttle body on my 2005 Fiesta 1.25, I'm just wondering what is the relearn procedure? Should I just take the negative off the battery, take the TB out, clean it then fit it back in, put the negative back on and start the car and let it idle for ~10 mins? Or is there some other way? Is it even necessary to do it?

Thanks, cheers!

Reconnect then ign on for 1min , not starting it. Ign off and wait a while, can't remember how long off hand. Then start up and it will be fine.

• Like 2

will see if i can have look for exact procedure later if i remember

• Like 1

It is ign on and wait 1 minute, ign off. Job done . Don't touch the throttle pedal in that 1 minute.

• Like 1

Sweet, should be straight forward then. First time cleaning the TB, seems like it's not too hard. Just the hose a bit tricky to reconnect those clips but I got some pliers, should do the trick.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
On 1/24/2017 at 11:46 AM, H4wkeye said:

Sweet, should be straight forward then. First time cleaning the TB, seems like it's not too hard. Just the hose a bit tricky to reconnect those clips but I got some pliers, should do the trick.

Thanks!

Hi did this work ?