Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Edge Ordered

LWCARAB

Hi everyone,

I ended up ordering an Edge last week as got offered a really good deal, I'm trading in a Fiesta ST so will be quite a change. Spec is Titanium 210 Auto in Electric Spice with Sony Sound System and Front camera, it's old 2016.25 stock (sync 2) which means quick delivery, it arrived in Dagenham on Sunday so hoping for delivery this week.

Slightly concerned about some of the quality issues raised on here but hopefully I'll be lucky.

1 hour ago, LWCARAB said:

Slightly concerned about some of the quality issues raised on here but hopefully I'll be lucky.

I'm sure this forum is like any other, predominately only those with reason to complain make any statements.  After all, unless you use forums for research, the only other reason to engage in them is to find answers to problems.

I suspect the majority people, with Edges that have no problems, probably don't even know this forum exists. 

I can tell you since release nearly 5000 right hand drive Edges have been shipped to the UK by Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics RoRo ships so, assuming some used for testing, etc, there is still an awful lot of customers that are either all suffering in silence or have no reason to complain. 

Another forum I follow is the Discover Sport forum, a previous plan, and that is all full of whinges but seeing how many are driving the roads they can't all be bad.

I can't talk about Edge quality yet as mine has just been off loaded in Zeebrugge so another month at least before I see it.  I have however had 2 Mondeos over the last 12 years and all in all I found the quality fine for a car of it's price but the equipment levels very high for the price.  I have no reason to believe the Edge will be massively different.

I live in hope with fingers crossed.

Jim

Well put, Jim610. Forums tend to be for people finding solutions to problems or complaining. Probably gives a skewed perspective.

Hello Richard

i am happy with edge mine is 2016 titanium with sync 2 had a couple of very small problems but still pleased with it. I had a 2014 X trail before and that had problems which Nissan couldn't fix

enjoy

Paul

Mines been plagued with problems though initially I joined the forum to say how much I loved the car and posted pics. How quickly that changed! 

Oh happier times . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

Well all was going well having picked it up 12 days ago... then my wife took it out for the first time today:

IMG_0823.JPG

I feel your pain mate. Up until this, how's the car been?

That's grounds for a divorce in my book ! 😮😣

Ouch indeed! I kept my cool as she was already hyperventilating at the thought of telling me.

Been pretty happy with the car other than a few rattle and squeaky rubbers on the drivers door.

Just been estimated (got allocated a 1 star reviews repair centre...) and they are saying new quarter panel and new door so it's going to get sliced apart :( Now it's just a case of getting the parts in from Canada which I've heard can take a while!

Oh dear , i have the Sport auto in electric spice . Few niggles but generally love the car - Lights are pants compared with my Kuga, Few marks still waiting for dealer to sort, condensation in the rear lights and a noisy (clunking) towbar when towing. Anybody know if there will be an option to upgrade sync 2 to sync 3 ?

Sync 3 is completely different hardware to Sync 2.

There are people with other models that have gone from Sync 2 to Sync 3 but it is more involved and more expensive than just a software update.

Hi LWCARAB
When you said your car's specs included a front camera, did your dealers specify further as I'm telling you if it was a front camera (the same as the rear camera), or just the traffic sign reading, lane assist, etc. sensor camera.
As my Edge said front camera that after a bit of reading the owners handbook, and reading various reviews, it turned out to be for traffic signs, etc.
But, I hope that you enjoy your new car as much as I am still enjoying my one (even though I have had a few problems with it, some still ongoing).

Dave

Ps my phone changing my words again. That should have read by saying "as in telling you".
Think my phone is becoming due for a change.

Dave

On 2/10/2017 at 10:38 AM, LWCARAB said:

Ouch indeed! I kept my cool as she was already hyperventilating at the thought of telling me.

Been pretty happy with the car other than a few rattle and squeaky rubbers on the drivers door.

Just been estimated (got allocated a 1 star reviews repair centre...) and they are saying new quarter panel and new door so it's going to get sliced apart :( Now it's just a case of getting the parts in from Canada which I've heard can take a while!

About 9 weeks. At least yours appears drivable. 

Of the 6 months of ownership, mine has been off the road for 3 of them, between body shop and Ford fixing (still ongoing) faults.