Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towbar & Park Assist

Haggis X

I am looking to have a towbar fitted to my 2008 TitX Hatchback. I have noticed that on the towbar web sites that they do not recommend the fitting of a standard flange type as they say this can interfere with the park assist. is this the case on this car or is it just a generalization by the fitting companies for all manufacturers with their versions of park assist. how many of you out there have a towbar with park assist and what kind of towbar do you have?

Part of the reason I am asking is that the other day I saw a car the same as mine in the Coventry area with park assist and a standard towbar and on my previous car a C-Max I had both, although the PA was self fitted not ford or factory fitted with no problems.

Hi, when you say park assist do you mean parking sensors if so I have a titanium x estate with the sensors and I fitted a removable flange bar by Witter as I have a bumper protector plate fitted as I hitch a caravan to the car. I fitted the removable one as a number of fitters said the protector plate would set the sensors off. Hope this helps.

19 hours ago, Kawasaki kid said:

Hi, when you say park assist do you mean parking sensors if so I have a titanium x estate with the sensors and I fitted a removable flange bar by Witter as I have a bumper protector plate fitted as I hitch a caravan to the car. I fitted the removable one as a number of fitters said the protector plate would set the sensors off. Hope this helps.

Does it set the sensors off when you have it fitted but nothing attached to the tow ball?

Hi, will put the tow ball on tomorrow and have a play and report back.

I got an o6 estate with sensors and tow bar. Tow bar has never been a problem with the sensors

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Finally had a play and the towball didn't set the sensors off as it sits so close to the bumper - I have a spacer between the flange and the ball to give me a bit room.

11 hours ago, georgewainwright1210 said:

I got an o6 estate with sensors and tow bar. Tow bar has never been a problem with the sensors

Is it a flange mount tow bar you have?

Think so standard bolt on tow ball with the bumper guard on aswell. Think it was a Witter system . Bought it online and installed myself and had has been fine with the sensors the only think I had to do was cut the bumper a bit but it's right underneath do carnt be seen anyway

If you are going to fit it yourself if you have a single back box exhaust it will take you about 30 mins to mount the bar. Both my Mondeos I fitted a towbar to had twin back boxes and took about an hour due to clearance issues also the bumper has to be removed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club