Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 focus rear wiper arm/blade replacement

redzzed

2005 Focus due mot next month ,the rear  wiper arm and blade  require replacement .

..and i cant get them OFF  !! 

i have raised the flap on the arm , removed the screw  and washer  , oiled and  Wd40'ed .

i checked on youtube and it says you can waggle the arm  until it comes off , in my case

it will not and the whole  assembly is shaking  a bit .

any ideas pls ?

i have a new arm and blade waiting to go on ,

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2412.JPG

Might sound daft but get a hair drier and apply heat to it, it will make the metal expand enough to let it come loose had this problem before on a few cars and it works most of the time mixed in with a bit of wiggle and waggle.

• Like 1

The red area is the part you need to try heat the most rather than the centre. 

IMG_2411.thumb.JPG.c5a2f16ae4e076ba80d1ba2df77688f9.JPG

Stick a puller on it, or stick the nut back on and use a pair of grips 

Try not to waggle it as the bar goes through glass.

Sent from my SM-G930F

thx  ryan will give it a go  tomorrow  , its in the street , donna  have a garage .

thx  ryan will give it a go  tomorrow  , its in the street , donna  have a garage .

it won't come off, i cant find my extension lead (car is in the street)  , so i boiled a  kettle of water  and carefully dribbled it over the arm/screw area  for  4 mins  , until it   became quite warm , still will not realease .

Have booked the car in for Mot next wed .and mentioned to the guy that i  may ask them  to fit  it ( gulp)  and he replied that rear wiper is not on Mot anyway .

Hot water on a seized part ain't gonna do much. If it did I wouldn't be carrying a beast of a blow torch or sometimes using an induction heater lol.

as you've already been told though, the rear wiper isn't testable so don't worry too much about it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club