Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kick panel carpet keeps falling down

Sherbet

There’s an area under the glove box, but above the footwell. Not sure what it’s called, think it might be the ‘kick panel’. Anyway, there’s wiring and a fusebox in there, and it’s protected by a carpet. But the carpet on my Mondeo keeps falling down.

It looks like the carpet is supposed to attach to the car by way of two yellow plastic bolts that are permanently attached the car’s interior. These line up with two holes in the carpet. But there’s no way for the carpet to stay up even if you put the carpet’s holes through these bolts. It just falls down again.

There may have once been some metal hole liners/washers attached to the carpet’s holes (looks that way), that would keep the carpet attached to the bolts, but if so, they have long since disappeared.

At the moment I’m using bulldog clips on the bolts to keep the carpet up, but this is a bit flimsy. Is there a more permanent solution? Will I just need to get a new kick panel carpet?

(There’s also a third hole in the carpet, but that seems to be aligned to something that has either been broken or bent.)

I’ve put up a picture of the yellow bolt and the corresponding hole in the carpet.

Mondeo kick panel.jpg

There should be two plastic "spring nuts?"

Not sure what they are called, but they release by being squeezed.

Any dealer should be able to get them for you.

They are listed on Microcat as miscellaneous hardware but have a Finis code of 1310861.

Available from a Ford parts counter for about 75p each.

• Like 2

The 'fasteners' arrived today from All Car Parts. (I was sent black ones, not yellow.) Did the job. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club