Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coming back to Ford

welshfocus78

Ford's Motorcraft Servicing is pretty cheap (125 for a minor, 195 for a major), and you have more peace and mind.

I wouldn't trust Halfrauds to even do a simple oil change right. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Ford's Motorcraft Servicing is pretty cheap (125 for a minor, 195 for a major), and you have more peace and mind.

I wouldn't trust Halfrauds to even do a simple oil change right. 

Thanks will arrange it 

And with motorcraft service you get 12 months roadside assistance, home start and European cover etc.

• Like 2

Just taken the car for a quick run. Twice I driven over wet pot hole and drain cover and the car skid slightly twice the steering wheel jerked a bit too.  This scared the hell out of me.

Didn't have this issue with golf. Not sure if I got rubbish tyres or golf have something to prevent this happening? 

47 minutes ago, welshfocus78 said:

Just taken the car for a quick run. Twice I driven over wet pot hole and drain cover and the car skid slightly twice the steering wheel jerked a bit too.  This scared the hell out of me.

Didn't have this issue with golf. Not sure if I got rubbish tyres or golf have something to prevent this happening? 

Never had this happen to me??

Were you driving in a spirited way? Did your ABS sensor produce a knocking sound when it happened? Might be rubbish tyres.

7 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Never had this happen to me??

Were you driving in a spirited way? Did your ABS sensor produce a knocking sound when it happened? Might be rubbish tyres.

No this happened at car park and drain cover at my drive! I'm starting to think it might be rubbish tyres. Could be really budget tyres. Another thing to add to buy! Any recommendations?

4 minutes ago, welshfocus78 said:

No this happened at car park and drain cover at my drive! I'm starting to think it might be rubbish tyres. Could be really budget tyres. Another thing to add to buy! Any recommendations?

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance. Has great dry grip as you'd expect from any tyre, but it's really the wet grip that makes it stand out. Quieter than most tyres too.

• Like 2

I'd say Continental premium contact, loved those tyres and never had an issue, currently have Michelin primacy but haven't had too many miles with them. yet so hard to say but we all differ with what we prefer. Just go for a good brand at decent price, won't be as cheap but with tyres you really do get what you pay for.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Seem that I can order 4 premium tyres at ford service. How does it Work? Do I get to pick or they will just put in whatever they got.

2 hours ago, welshfocus78 said:

Thanks guys. Seem that I can order 4 premium tyres at ford service. How does it Work? Do I get to pick or they will just put in whatever they got.

Best to ask them - if you have a preference for a particular tyre, then I'm sure you could ask for it, but bare in mind that price may vary. If not, I would at least ask though, just out of curiosity, as to what they were putting on, to make sure that it's not a crap brand/model :) But that's just me being paranoid lol

Since the car is unknown to you, if I were in your shoes, I would also get the wheels aligned, just in case. Not a must by any means however! If you wanted to go down that route, I'm sure you could slightly haggle, considering you are buying 4 new tyres from them, and having the car serviced.

• Like 1

Cheers! Will give them a call. There is a local garage who does tyres and service so will give them a ring to compare the price. I know I don't need to go back to Ford. Might be wise for the first time.

17 hours ago, welshfocus78 said:

I'm confused... there is. 'Evans Halsaw, Days and Ford dealership..

which one should I I go for to have my car service. 

I doubt there's anything to choose between them as regards efficiency in doing an oil change/check over. Days appears to cater for several marques but is an authorised Ford dealer (and presumably service centre). 'Ford dealership' - you don't mention its name - and Days, will do fixed price Motorcraft servicing as quoted by Incontro above. Note 'fixed price' assumes that no parts beyond oil and filter(s) are required. What you get for your money is on their website: http://www.days.co.uk/aftersales/servicing-repair/days/

Have fun!

Thanks for your advice guys,  I have booked my car in for full service and tyres replacement tomorrow. I have ordered Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance. 

Have asked them to steering wheel an extra checks as my guts feeling tells me that something is wrong somewhere.

Will let you know what's what tomorrow 

• Like 2

Had call from garage all is okay. Seems that there were tracking issue and has been resolved by the garage. Finger cross no issue with steering wheel. They said that my tyres were the cheapest tyres you could buy :/ now have Goodyear grip performance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, welshfocus78 said:

Had call from garage all is okay. Seems that there were tracking issue and has been resolved by the garage. Finger cross no issue with steering wheel. They said that my tyres were the cheapest tyres you could buy :/ now have Goodyear grip performance. 

Which garage did you go to?

When you next get the chance to, you might want to inflate your tyres to 32 PSI. Reason is I have the same tyres, and found that they perform best when slightly above Ford's recommended tyre pressure. I personally set mine to 33 PSI, but you might find that a bit OTT and bumpy :)

Enjoy!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Which garage did you go to?

When you next get the chance to, you might want to inflate your tyres to 32 PSI. Reason is I have the same tyres, and found that they perform best when slightly above Ford's recommended tyre pressure. I personally set mine to 33 PSI, but you might find that a bit OTT and bumpy :)

Enjoy!

Thanks will do. I went to local garage (King David) who did service and tyres for £422. Car feels so much better now! Can now finally unpeeled  my fingers from steering wheel(!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welshfocus78 said:

Thanks will do. I went to local garage (King David) who did service and tyres for £422. Car feels so much better now! Can now finally unpeeled  my fingers from steering wheel(!) 

As above if your unsure of what pressure they are at, it's best to check them yourself also.

2 hours ago, welshfocus78 said:

Also, forgot to add - the first couple of hundred or so miles new tyres can be quite slippery, they need time to bed in. So don't start chucking it round corners just yet :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Also, forgot to add - the first couple of hundred or so miles new tyres can be quite slippery, they need time to bed in. So don't start chucking it round corners just yet :)

Thanks will burn rubber gently! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club