Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor headlights on 65reg focus

EABowden

Hi all

I have recently acquired a 65 reg focus zetec, and driving at night or even in half light is next to impossible because the headlights are so weak. Is this a known issue? Can I put stronger bulbs in like I could in a house light?

That suprises me but since I've only had titanium x focus's with xenon headlights. There's quite a lot on here regarding upgrading headlight bulbs. Scan through the forum. I think it's Osram Night breakers are popular.

• Like 1

GE Sportlight are also a good option. Please do everyone a favour and keep your bulb upgrade road legal though :)

• Like 2

i`ve put ring bulbs in quite a few friends cars 120% brighter than normal bulbs, h1 and h7 bulbs you need to upgrade, eBay item numbers..... 321638941618 (h7) and  302106795506 (h1)

• Like 2

I've recently bought some osram laser bulbs which are quite good. Have had nightbreaker unlimited before and although they are significantly brighter they don't last too long especially in winter with added use.  The only issue I have at Moment is that the beam seems to be very low even when adjusted to top level. I am going to try adjusting the lights with the screws in the headlight and hopefully that will make it better. In mk2.5 the lights were quite high and went a long way and just hope this will fix it

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

i`ve put ring bulbs in quite a few friends cars 120% brighter than normal bulbs, h1 and h7 bulbs you need to upgrade, ebay item numbers..... 321638941618 (h7) and  302106795506 (h1)

i have used ring performance bulbs before with positive results.

the white xenon star have a real nice colour to them , no yellow at all.

philips make good lighting products too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, andypsp said:

i`ve put ring bulbs in quite a few friends cars 120% brighter than normal bulbs, h1 and h7 bulbs you need to upgrade, ebay item numbers..... 321638941618 (h7) and  302106795506 (h1)

Thanks Andy. How do I find out which I need? 

20 hours ago, andypsp said:

I have always used Ring bulbs, they give amazing results.    H7 Ring Xenon130 +130% 12V 55W 477 from Auotbulbs Direct

2 hours ago, EABowden said:

Thanks Andy. How do I find out which I need? 

hi ed, if i remember the main light is h7 and full beam light is h1, but check in your owners book. there is nothing wrong with changeing both :yes:

13 minutes ago, andypsp said:

hi ed, if i remember the main light is h7 and full beam light is h1, but check in your owners book. there is nothing wrong with changeing both :yes:

The full beam actually is OK, although nothing special. 

I'll RTFM :wink:

On 28/01/2017 at 7:28 PM, leesheffield1 said:

I've recently bought some osram laser bulbs which are quite good. Have had nightbreaker unlimited before and although they are significantly brighter they don't last too long especially in winter with added use.  The only issue I have at Moment is that the beam seems to be very low even when adjusted to top level. I am going to try adjusting the lights with the screws in the headlight and hopefully that will make it better. In mk2.5 the lights were quite high and went a long way and just hope this will fix it

Don't mess about with the white hex screws. They will send your alignment completely out and then you'll end up blinding people/failing your MOT.

The lights on my Fiesta have been hopeless since day 1 and obviously set too low, so I adjusted them as follows:

One evening I parked the daughter's car (that had just passed its MOT) on the drive and stuck tape on the garage door where the dipped beam cut-off was. Then I parked my car in the same position and adjusted the lights up to match.  That was several months ago and nobody has ever flashed me to say my lights are too high.  Going in for a service soon so will get them checked.

1 hour ago, Trewithy said:

The lights on my Fiesta have been hopeless since day 1 and obviously set too low, so I adjusted them as follows:

One evening I parked the daughter's car (that had just passed its MOT) on the drive and stuck tape on the garage door where the dipped beam cut-off was. Then I parked my car in the same position and adjusted the lights up to match.  That was several months ago and nobody has ever flashed me to say my lights are too high.  Going in for a service soon so will get them checked.

did you not get the garage to check your lights when they do the mot every year to check if the beam was correct or not ?

16 hours ago, andypsp said:

did you not get the garage to check your lights when they do the mot every year to check if the beam was correct or not ?

Andy

If you look at my profile you will see that my Fiesta is a 2015 model. MOT not required until 2018.

1 hour ago, Trewithy said:

Andy

If you look at my profile you will see that my Fiesta is a 2015 model. MOT not required until 2018.

oops silly me i forgot to look at the yr of the car lol :tongue:

Ive just fitted the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited's to my ST main and full beam and they are so much better than stock.

I have just used this company http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/  for replacing all the headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs delivey was superb product is good quality and the customer service was very good aswel.

Worth a look if nothing else.

Regards Adam

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace666 said:

I have just used this company http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/  for replacing all the headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs delivey was superb product is good quality and the customer service was very good aswel.

Worth a look if nothing else.

Regards Adam

those fog light halos look awesome

:-D

1 hour ago, biff55 said:

those fog light halos look awesome

:-D

Just looked at this website and most of the bulbs are not road legal.

I agree, Osram cool blue intense (dipped) and nightbreaker unlimited (high beam) are a great improvement on my Focus 

www.powerbulbs.com

10 hours ago, Jezza54 said:

nightbreaker unlimited (high beam)

I never had any luck with the Osram nightbreaker bulbs, even with new lenses on the headlights, but if they work for you then go with them.

Regards Adam

Well so far so good Adam, powerbulbs give a 1 year guarantee - I've read complaints about a short life span. What did you go with eventually?

I went with the bulbs from http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/ h7 dipped h1 main (both sets halogen) sidelights were led and front fogs were h8 halogen so iirc spent around £40.00 total . All have a six month warranty so with the dark nights that should give them a good working out , I also fitted the projector headlights so they are pretty crisp.

Regards Adam

3 hours ago, ace666 said:

I went with the bulbs from http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/ h7 dipped h1 main (both sets halogen) sidelights were led and front fogs were h8 halogen so iirc spent around £40.00 total . All have a six month warranty so with the dark nights that should give them a good working out , I also fitted the projector headlights so they are pretty crisp.

Regards Adam

Apart from most, if not all their bulbs are not legal for use on the highway as said above.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club