Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 2008 dab radio

gc0759

hi all I would like to fit a ford sony dab radio into my 2008 focus tdci style do I need will it fit straight in or do I need to add some upgrades hope someone can help  cheers.

If you check the link under this post I have a guide with all required parts listed.

Sent from my SM-G930F

thanks that's very useful .but not sure I,am up for doing the work. will the dab radio still work if put in with normal ariel

The radio will work but DAB reception requires a dedicated antenna.
You may also need a fakra adaptor to connect the standard radio antenna wire to the replacement radio but these are inexpensive off eBay.
You can get standalone DAB antenna which you can just stick to a window or up behind the roof liner.

Sent from my SM-G930F

If your radio connectors look like this (should be standard layout) then you just need a DAB antenna with a female Fakra connector.

Sony DAB & Fakra.jpg

Antenna something like this one-

DAB Fakra Window Mounted.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-DAB-Radio-Antenna-Aerial-BLACK-FAKRA-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-RNS510-RNS315-/272532206032?hash=item3f742f71d0:g:798AAOSw9NdXtvYr

That's great thanks stoney I will get one of those is that ok for fords . I have fitted the radio and cant get the phone working all the phone button does is mute the radio .do I have to have a bluetooth connection fitted hope you have the answer you have been a great help look forward to your reply.

The Ford bluetooth system is a seperate module to the radio.
You'd need the module, wiring, microphone and suchlike which is pricey and difficult to source & fit.
Better off with a standalone system like one from Parrot.
The Mki 9200 is very good and adds bluetooth music streaming and media control for about £120.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club