Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Decat pipe

WillKinsella

Thinking about fitting a decat to my car, has anyone had any experiences with them? Good bad things apart from the obvious that it will fail an emissions test on MOT. Cheers

Spoke to a person ghe other day that had a Decat and a Peron stage 1+ Decel map on his ST. He and his friends were out driving when they were pulled over into a VOSA checkooint in a car park. 

They discovered the cat was missing. Took him to a local MOT station. Tore the car apart on anything they could 

Sent letters to his insurer, fined him on the spot for driving the car without a cat when it originally had one fitted & voided his MOT  

His insurance was invalidated and when he fitted a sports cat his insurance was 4x more than it was before as he didn't declare his Decat. 

This is obviously an extreme case, but it's Not worth doing anymore. I have a custom sports cat. Cost a small fortune but its worth it 

That's an interesting story and if the person you were talking wasn't over egging the tale, it should serve as a warning to all these boy racers!

No I've seen his paperwork and Insurance quote, definitely not over egging it 😂😂. To be honest I kind of hoped he was 

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody unless you're just playing on private land or your car never had a cat 

Probbably better to go with a turbo back system with a sports cat as gingerflame said above, to much stress involved with a decat with regards to insurance etc.

Well then think the decat is a no no hahaha. Will have to fork out the extra on the sports cat! Cheers 

Decats are usually only useful if you are wanting extra power up top, decats work better on a turbo car but best to fit a high flow cat if you have removed all of the other restrictions in the exhaust already.

Decats are usually only useful if you are wanting extra power right at the top of the rev range on an NA, decats work better on a turbo car but best to fit a high flow cat if you have removed all of the other restrictions in the exhaust already.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club