Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford gel badges

bigjock

i have just bought black chrome ford gel badges to fit over the front, rear and exterior badges. does anyone have a pic the black/chrome badges on a moondust silver mk7? :P

i have just bought black chrome ford gel badges to fit over the front, rear and exterior badges. does anyone have a pic the black/chrome badges on a moondust silver mk7? :P

NO

NO

they should arrive today anyway but thanks for your input :unsure: lol

they should arrive today anyway but thanks for your input :unsure: lol

Thats OK bigjock, dont mention it. Am always happy to help!

Thats OK bigjock, dont mention it. Am always happy to help!

nice to see a bit of the old the Christmas spirit there Jonny :D :D

got my badges today and they look good but they don't appear to be very sticky! how did you guys fit yours, did you remove the old badges and fit over?

Leave the badges on - heat the overlays with a hairdryer to get the adhesive working better and smooth over. Make sure the badges are clean first. I sealed mine afterwards with AG High Def wax and am always sure seal them well now with FK1000P.

They don't seem like they'll stick well - but they sure do.

cheers dan, i did the cleaning bit but to late for the hairdryer! back one seemed to stick better. the steering wheel one doesn't seem to be a great fit as i can still see blue round the edges so i think i may remove the existing badge here.

oh and what is this wax stuff? how does it work could i use it for anything else if its expensive i could i justify buying it soley for the stickers?

yeah piccys....maybe not late for haridrier/heatgun....may still help, little warmth and pressure may just help still :)

rights heres some pics. i still couldnt get the steering wheel badge to completely cover the existing, so i decided to remove it. bit of a pain in the !Removed! it was. i then had to file down the raised plasic bits under the badge so that the new flat badge could stick to it. new badge isnt glued yet as i will have to get some today. other to exterior badges seem to have stuck well given it was -6 when i applied them last night and it dropped to -8 overninght!

elliexmasplay049.jpg

elliexmasplay045.jpg

elliexmasplay046.jpg

elliexmasplay047.jpg

elliexmasplay051.jpg

elliexmasplay057.jpg

elliexmasplay059.jpg

oh and what is this wax stuff? how does it work could i use it for anything else if its expensive i could i justify buying it soley for the stickers?

Both the AG High Def and FK1000P can be used on the whole car as a was/sealant.

Dodo etc will work on the overlays also.

Both the AG High Def and FK1000P can be used on the whole car as a was/sealant.

Dodo etc will work on the overlays also.

not much point in me getting that then as i never wash the car let alone wax it lol!

not much point in me getting that then as i never wash the car let alone wax it lol!

:lol:

They will be spot on without it,

You can borrow some wax for it at the Scotland meet when it takes place ;)

:lol:

They will be spot on without it,

You can borrow some wax for it at the Scotland meet when it takes place ;)

nice one i'll bring the pie's and irn bru!! :P

Each to their own, but i can't say i'm a fan TBH :(

None of those badges look like they fit properly. Very poor quality IMO.

Whenever i see poorly fitted cheap, tacky mods such as these fitted to a perfectly fine, good looking, new car i wonder what the owner is thinking? :unsure: And as for the steering wheel badge.... :o

Each to their own, but i can't say i'm a fan TBH :(

None of those badges look like they fit properly. Very poor quality IMO.

Whenever i see poorly fitted cheap, tacky mods such as these fitted to a perfectly fine, good looking, new car i wonder what the owner is thinking? :unsure: And as for the steering wheel badge.... :o

? what badges dont fit properly? the front and rear are a perfect fit (as pictures show) and as stated the steering wheel badge isn't even attached! i think the black badge looks far better the blue looked daft as it was the only thing in the car that was blue, now it all blends together. for £14 tho what quality are you expecting? buy the way the ford steering wheel badge was made of cheap tin and i could tear it with my fingers lol!

bigjock - they're not really on straight. There is more silver visible on one side or the other.

As for the steering wheel badge - indeed, it's too small, but what I did was e-mail the makers and ask for a slightly bigger badge.

The result...

DSC00945.jpg

And if you get them straight and even...

DSC00990.jpg

bigjock - they're not really on straight. There is more silver visible on one side or the other.

As for the steering wheel badge - indeed, it's too small, but what I did was e-mail the makers and ask for a slightly bigger badge.

The result...

DSC00945.jpg

And if you get them straight and even...

DSC00990.jpg

cheers dan, did you have to send back the original badge?

you guys must be using a microscopic glasses or something cause they still look ok to me, i shall take your word for it tho, although we must be talking mm of difference?

I think my glasses prescription is due for a check up soon so don;t take my word for it big man! :P

In one of the pics the rear badge looks too small - maybe it's the light/reflection on the silver edges that's creating an optical illusion to me? <_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club