Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dirt build up on inside/bottom of the doors

Peter_B78

Hey guys,

Does anybody else get a build up of dirt on the inside of the bottom edge of the doors?

Just wondering if it's a common thing or something I need to get the dealer to look at.

It's the same on mine. If you look at the design of the door, the lower 'rolled' lip is just outside the seal on the underside of the sill. My first impression of the roll were either someone will catch it as they step out or it will gather silt and crap causing the bottom edge of the door to rot! ... I noticed when mine was delivered from Ford to the dealership, that it was completely caked in grease, wax (or some other protective sludge) to presumably stop water from sitting there for the few months it is in transit from Canada.

My advice is just clean and dry them regularly (and make sure the drain slots from the inner door cavity -> out, are kept clear.

Nothing a dealer can do, like the retractable parcel shelf thingy ... its just poor or not well thought-out design.

At least it's not just mine.

I've got a set of mudflaps waiting to go on, maybe they will help reduce it a bit.

• Like 1

My Edge has been off road more times in Two months through work than most of the Chelsea Tractors you see on the road in their life span and yes the build up of dirt on the inside sills is a pain (Not as bad as the previous Kuga)  due to the crap design. Ford should look at VW my wifes car does not suffer this but I believe the Ford design team have white sticks and labradors (No offence to those who are myopically challenged)

As for the rear cover its rubbish but what do you expect from a car designed and built in North America. As from my previous posts this is the last Ford I will ever own as the build quality and driving experience is dire and they dont stand a chance of knocking Audi, VW, BMW and Mercedes off their pedastalls.

19 hours ago, Killer said:

My Edge has been off road more times in Two months through work than most of the Chelsea Tractors you see on the road in their life span and yes the build up of dirt on the inside sills is a pain (Not as bad as the previous Kuga)  due to the crap design. Ford should look at VW my wifes car does not suffer this but I believe the Ford design team have white sticks and labradors (No offence to those who are myopically challenged)

As for the rear cover its rubbish but what do you expect from a car designed and built in North America. As from my previous posts this is the last Ford I will ever own as the build quality and driving experience is dire and they dont stand a chance of knocking Audi, VW, BMW and Mercedes off their pedastalls.

Worse, it's built in Canada! 

Saw a Sport today and the inside of the doors was really dirty. The sills though looks pretty clean which is what matters I guess.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club