Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redex Fuel System Cleaner problems - diesel

I added some of Redex' Fuel Sytem Cleaner in my diesel fiesta 2010 and hell it's difficult not to get it everywhere!

I threw it in the bin in frustration but I did manage to get some in the tank.

Any tips on how to pour it in without spilling any?

if you car has fords "easyfill" fuel tank shutter , then you need a funnel to pour directly into the tank.............

1.jpg

16 minutes ago, biff55 said:

if you car has fords "easyfill" fuel tank shutter , then you need a funnel to pour directly into the tank.............

1.jpg

you just beat me to it pete i was just gonna say that lol

• Like 1

Can you let me know if it works and is any good, the Redex not the funnel!!

2 hours ago, Matt ST Williams said:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt ST Williams said:

Will do. First time using it.

I've added most of the bottle (it does say to add it in whatever mills, but couldn't be bothered) in to a bit less than half a tank. When I need fuel again, I'll go to a BP garage instead of my usual Morrisons.

3 minutes ago, Daelpix said:

Will do. First time using it.

I've added most of the bottle (it does say to add it in whatever mills, but couldn't be bothered) in to a bit less than half a tank. When I need fuel again, I'll go to a BP garage instead of my usual Morrisons.

best use redex to a full tank of fuel as it should say that on the bottle. if your going to bp then no need to use redex as there fuel has got additives already in it which is why you pay a lot more for it :yes:

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

best use redex to a full tank of fuel as it should say that on the bottle. if your going to bp then no need to use redex as there fuel has got additives already in it which is why you pay a lot more for it :yes:

even with premium fuels , a one shot cleaner every now and again will help shift deposits as the fuel detergents are quite mild in strength  :-)

• Like 1

Get some 'diesel purge' I used it on mine, you set it up to run neat through the injectors (connectors are on the fuel filter) and it did make a massive difference on mine, it can also be added into the fuel as well but the effect isn't as good.

Also, do you mean the Redex injector cleaner or just the fuel cleaner they also stock?

I'm not going to take the engine apart to place any additives in the injectors. I just don't have the tools, time or knowledge. But thanks for suggesting it.

Yes it has an 'easy fill' fuel cap thingie lol.

20 hours ago, andypsp said:

The redex came as a 4-shot bottle, so I wasn't supposed to add all of it in. I just couldn't be bothered putting a bit in at a time and I couldn't see what was left because the bottle is dark coloured.

I lied the garage is actually 'Texaco'.

Not sure which fuel to use to be honest, either the standard diesel, premium diesel or the supreme.....I'm guessing the first?

20 hours ago, Daelpix said:

I'm not going to take the engine apart to place any additives in the injectors. I just don't have the tools, time or knowledge. But thanks for suggesting it.

Yes it has an 'easy fill' fuel cap thingie lol.

It's just 2 quick release connectors on the fuel filter and then you just run the engine at different RPMs for a while for the injectors and pump to be cleaned out - you can also add the stuff to the tank instead though.

Just run with standard diesel that isn't from the supermarket and it will be fine.

On 01/02/2017 at 5:09 PM, Matt ST Williams said:

Hey Matt

I've only just thought, I tend to turn my engine on, on my break at work when it's cold, so the mpg will drop, and I'm only driving in town traffic. At the moment I'm getting around 35mpg to a tank (which sucks). so I won't have a decent reading.