Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash cam hard wiring mondeo 2011

Russ 6334

Hi all

i have a 2011 mondeo with permanent live 12v sockets no good for a dash cam as it drains the battery when not in use!

i have a fuse tap however everything is permanent live or only intermittent live

ie i tried the ac but that's permanent live, wipers but only live when wipers are on, interior lights permenant live etc etc 

i can't find anything that's ignition live even the stereo is permanent live!

any one know the fuse number that I can get a ignition live either under glove box or under bonnet

thanks

russ 

Rear demister is not a blade fuse, checked the manual for fog lights there are no fuses for this? Odd I know

even the ignition switch F15 is permanent live 

everything is permanent live!!

Try fuses 2,13, 21 or 24.

Another option is to tap off the lighter socket supply (fuse 7) and add a switch for manual operation.

I have a dashcam fitted to my Focus that I originally wired to the fusebox with a fusetap, however I often drive into areas where a dashcam is banned so instead I added a spare socket run from my original lighter socket whereby I can manually switch the supply on/off with a clear illuminated switch which can visually verify that the camera is off without fiddling around for the power button on the camera.

The original 12v plug to the camera is plugged in and tucked away under the dash with just the switched plug and a small spur of wire showing.

Switch 1.jpg  Socket 1.jpg

If it's anything like the mk5 it's not that they are all permanent live it's just some of them, like the 12v socket fuse, are delayed in powering down. The 12v socket stays live for approx 60mins after turning the ignition off. I have mine plugged in at all times, the amount of draw is negligible for that 60mins. Maybe try going back to the car after 90 minutes or so after killing the engine then checking the fuses again that you think should be switched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have mine powered off the cigarette lighter fuse (2009 model). It starts up once I hit the open button on the key and shuts off after 2mins when the car is locked.

Is the 2011 model different?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club