2 replies to this topic

#1 fish4tea

fish4tea

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi est
Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi just bought above car firstly does anyone know what size speakers are fitted in the front doors as have a pair of nice Infinity speakers that I had in my mk1 and they were a slightly smaller size to fit the mounts about 5 1/2" x 8" are the factory fitted ones a standard size ie 6" round or 6" x 9" as would like to fit them as they were a dramatic improvement on the standard ones before i pull off the door cards........
secondly having a problem with the central lokking via the remote the car lock fine with the key but if i try to use the remote they seem to lock and then unlock straight away and the drivers door lock seems not to operate by the sound of it all other locks seem to sound to be locking and then unlocking straight away
if thats not confused anybody help would be nice as already fed up with feeling my way to the keyhole

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

the lock motor in the drivers door sounds broken/jammed...with the key you can do it manually, so no probs, but with the keyfob it activates all locks, but if not all activate(inc drivers) they switch back...same as if you have a door open...they lock and then unlock coz not all can lock!!

Piggy :)

#3 fish4tea

fish4tea

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi est
Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

the lock motor in the drivers door sounds broken/jammed...with the key you can do it manually, so no probs, but with the keyfob it activates all locks, but if not all activate(inc drivers) they switch back...same as if you have a door open...they lock and then unlock coz not all can lock!!

Piggy :)

cheers sounds about right it clicks and does not cycle like the other locks so looks like it's off with the door card then,and can answer my other question while im in there

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users