Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you believe, 2 punctures in the 'same' tyre in 1 year!

slappyhaze

I picked up my MK7 on Christmas Eve last year (1st service on Monday BTW), and within 3 weeks it had gotten a nail in the side wall of the rear nearside tyre. I manged to sort out a replacement that day. I got a Millenium for £88 (the 195/45 16"). I was sort of OK with that, but now, I've just gone to leave work and found a screw in this same tyre!! This one was in the tread though so, having only the 'tyre weld' stuff that i'm loath to use (as i'll be charged for cleaning the alloy afterwards), I called out the breakdown service from Ford Assist and had it plugged. I was quite impressed with the 45 minute response - OK i'm in Manchester, but this was rush hour AND really bad fog!!

I'm gonna look into full repair/replace tomorrow. Thankfully i'm off with it being the weekend.

Can't believe 2 punctures in the 'same' tyre...

hate the damn tyre gunk tub they shove in the boot....

so tight...used just to be a normal standard thing,spare tyre always came with car.

Think i will look at some of the wheels i got in me garage loft and see if any are ford fitment!!

:)

Today was really the first time I checked the bottom part of my boot. It looks like a full size spare might fit. I'm gonna look into it tomorrow on my travels for a new/repaired tyre.

well they do sell a spare of some sort for the festa as optional extra...thing you need to think about is having a jack and wheel brace...as they also don't come with them!!

Piggy :)

I beat you! Well, my dad does. During it's three year lifetime with us, his VW Touran had 5 punctures all on the same wheel and 3 windscreens and it needed a fourth by the time we gave it back!

I beat you! Well, my dad does. During it's three year lifetime with us, his VW Touran had 5 punctures all on the same wheel and 3 windscreens and it needed a fourth by the time we gave it back!

Wow, was he rallying it!! ;)

I work in the wastewater industry, and the roads on my site are not very well maintained/cleared, which is where I picked up the first puncture-kind of expected it, just not so soon after purchase- as the fleet vehicles (Vauxhaull Combos) we spend most of the time actually driving on site site probably have about 2-3 tyre changes each per year, but all round the van. I thought it a little strange this happened on the same wheel, but yeah 5 in 3 years is good going...

I got a new Pirrelli Zero Nero for £85 fitted and balanced. What you think? I've not had much of a go on it yet. The others are still the factory fit Hankooks.

I got a new Pirrelli Zero Nero for £85 fitted and balanced. What you think? I've not had much of a go on it yet. The others are still the factory fit Hankooks.

should you not have bought two so that the wear is evenly balanced on the rear tyres, you could have kept the old good tyre as a spare on a steel rim? pirrelli zero nero £71 delivered/fitted/balanced here http://www.tyretraders.com/SearchType/Defa...o=45&Rim=16

Very unlucky.

2 weeks after i had my new alloys fitted I noticed a screw in the front passenger side.

Thankfully it was the tiniest screw i have ever seen and it was in the tread still sticking out a little :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club