Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine swap streetka

chromeglobe

Hi to all and thanks in advance for all help /advice received.

Is it possible to upgrade the standard 1.6i duratec engine in my 53 plate streetka to a more powerful 2.0l unit ? If so would the conversion be straight forward ? What, if any , obstacles would their be ? Adjustments to be made ? Thanks

kindest Regards

joe

• Like 1

Honestly? I would rather put the money on site what you want to spend on it and buy a TT Roadster :)

I love my StreetKa, don't get me wrong and wish to change on it so many things, but I just realised , I bought one of the most unreliable car on the planet and I am not willing to spend on it any more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SzabiKa said:

Honestly? I would rather put the money on site what you want to spend on it and buy a TT Roadster :)

I love my StreetKa, don't get me wrong and wish to change on it so many things, but I just realised , I bought one of the most unreliable car on the planet and I am not willing to spend on it any more.

13 hours ago, chromeglobe said:

Hi to all and thanks in advance for all help /advice received.

Is it possible to upgrade the standard 1.6i duratec engine in my 53 plate streetka to a more powerful 2.0l unit ? If so would the conversion be straight forward ? What, if any , obstacles would their be ? Adjustments to be made ? Thanks

kindest Regards

joe

Hi Joe, great idea,  I'd like to do something similar.

Ignore the negative responses you get here, It's mainly from one loser.

Hi Dave,

i have noticed that there is a lot of negativity from some forum users. I also am a member of the jaguar forums and on there there is nothing but courteous help and advice but on here some just want to put ideas down ( I don't mean you szabika ). I am in no way tarring all with the same brush and I know it is the few in the minority but if you can't be helpful........

i just love messing about with cars and exploring possibilities and I know deep down most on the forum are the same.

kindest Regards

joe

9 hours ago, chromeglobe said:

Hi Dave,

i have noticed that there is a lot of negativity from some forum users. I also am a member of the jaguar forums and on there there is nothing but courteous help and advice but on here some just want to put ideas down ( I don't mean you szabika ). I am in no way tarring all with the same brush and I know it is the few in the minority but if you can't be helpful........

i just love messing about with cars and exploring possibilities and I know deep down most on the forum are the same.

kindest Regards

joe

Hi Joe, 

I am glad you didn't get triggered by my hint of sarcasm. 

I had the same idea in the first two weeks when I got my StreetKa and I just can't figure out, why Ford didn't put a punchier,bigger (and more reliable) Zetec engine in this cars. Unfortunately the amount of appearing problems with the car and deeper research on numerous forums put me off to spend any extra £ on the S-Ka. It is a very great fun to drive (number 1 reason I still didn't sell it after the amount of trouble), but I can't see it as a long investment.

If you really want to dig deep and spend some money and time on it, I would start with upgrading the shock absorbers and lower the car down a bit (it is my personal opinion ). 

How is the body work of the car? Did you have a good check for corrosion around the wheel arches and under body? Before you jump in any bigger investment, I would have a very good look on all the major components.

My opinion , fitting a new engine in the car, will need so many modification and can be nerve racking process. I would recommend to do some research on German StreetKa/SportKa forums. In Germany so many after market parts available and looks like they mad about to tune the hell out of any small cars.

Also I came across a story when someone fitted a Ford Puma 1.7 engine in a Ka. I can't recall back now, it was a SportKa or StreetKa, but how I remember the guy managed to grow a few grey hair during the process.

Hi Szabika,

Thanks for your response and advice which I will take on board. The body and underside of the car are sound so no worries there. I will look into the upgrading aftermarket parts etc and the German forums you mention. I appreciate your input and you also Dave. Thank you

kindest Regards

joe

• 1 month later...

Hi if you want to tune up your Ka for cheaper and less grey hair than changing the engine , buy a Steve Wyndham Racing ST120 kit which includes 4 branch racing manifold fast road cam and Unichip - piggy back pre mapped ECU that will bring your Street Ka up to 120bhp. With 150Nm torque I've fitted the kitt to my Sport KA and out performed some much bigger cars - i out acelerated a BMW reaching 120mph on the motorway and it still wanted more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hi there

a few have done normal ka engine swap to a 1.7 puma engine, but this involves cutting the cross member and then re welding it back in aswell as changing loom and ecu.

in terms of street ka, for me as it 1.6 focus engine, you can get a bit more power from a 421 branch k & n panel filter, stainless steel exhaust, upgraded cams.

I hope this helps mate and good luck