Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Help!!!!

Stevie Babes

Hi everyone, not an unusual topic however I am at the end of my tether, to cut a long story short here goes

No heat in cabin replaced HCV heat in cabin for 1 week

Topped up coolant found leak around thermostat, replaced thermostat flushed coolant from whole system replaced with new heat ok in cabin

2 days later no heat in cabin, burped cooling system with expansion cap off - heat in cabin for 1 day the following day no heat

No coolant loss all hoses are hot no leaks evident

Burping the system daily is not what i want to do, however did it yesterday morning prior to wife going to work heat all the way to work, 8 hrs standing heat all the way home today no heat

Help Please

Hey Stevie,

If no blockage in the system, possible your water pump's propellers vanished. Mine one got replaced pump a month ago and half of the plastic propellers were missing.

Which HCV did you get? If you have the cheap - non genuine Ford, possible it is HCV fault again. 

My first after market one lasted for 2 weeks and the replacement one for 2 days (if you look up in google, aftermarket HCVs are very very very poor quality). Waiting for a genuine Ford on at the moment. 

Hi Szabi

Thanks for the reply

The HCV is a genuine Ford item, water pump was brand new last october.

What I really don't understand is that if i burp the system for 1/2hr approx which is roughly two fan cycles I can have heat or cool in the cabin with no problem for a max of 2 days.  

2 days driving is approx 20mins morning and evening 7 miles each way

Hmm... Looks like the system develops some airlocks over time. 

Try to get down your local garage and get a pressure test on the system (they should do it free). It will uncover if you have some leakage. 

I seen somewhere one case, when one of the hose was split, but not totally broken and how the system started to warm up , it developed a huge bulge, causing some trouble in the system. 

PS: I wish one day I am going to be able to switch off the heating :D