Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Fiesta Key Not Detected

MWMan

Hi all

my apologies for a topic that has been done to death probably, but I can't seem to find an answer in my searches. I have a 2009 Fiesta 1.6 TDi with the keyless entry. A little while ago, it started giving me problems in not recognising the key. It was intermittent at first, but now its becoming more regular and driving me nuts. It happens with both key fobs. I have replaced both key fob batteries with new Duracell ones. I have also made sure that the car battery is fully charged. Knowing that some remotes can be affected by radio interference, I have had the key not detected alarm in many different locations, so I know its not something around my own house that's causing the problem. 

I'm at the point where I feel I should take it into Ford to get resolved, but I don't want to pay a fortune, if its no better when it comes back to me.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? Maybe a firmware or software update that Ford do? I don't mind paying if there is a known fix for this.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Just thought I would update on this as it may help anyone else with this problem. I took the car into a local Ford Independent garage who plugged their computer in and reinstalled the software for the keyless entry. It has worked without a glitch since. Cost me £25. However it may have happened, the program had obviously corrupted itself. 

Thanks for the update.  Too many posters on here leave the forum hanging when they have resolved their problem or someone has helped them out. Others members may well be having the same problem and want to know the answer without starting a new thread. Thank you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club