Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD Error

Albert27

CD player has been giving me 'CD error' message and spitting out cd's the last couple months.  Everything else is good Aux, phone, radio......  Was going to try one of those lens cleaner cd's before I buy an aftermarket CD player from the fraud that is Hal.  

If anyone's had a problem with theirs or any helpful suggestions, throw them my way! Cheers.

I've had this once or twice I cleaned mine with one of those disc s you refer to,if that doesn't work take the radio out take the lid off and clean the laser manually 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrRedman said:

I've had this once or twice I cleaned mine with one of those disc s you refer to,if that doesn't work take the radio out take the lid off and clean the laser manually 👍

Will give it a go!  

CD really? Get a micro USB you can put everything on it then

19 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

CD really? Get a micro USB you can put everything on it then

I prefer my cd's :wink:

• Like 1

Cleaning CD hasn't worked.  Can anyone give me any idea on how to get at the CD player?  Does the whole interface come off?

If as per your profile, you have the mk 2.5.

Using a soft plastic tool (time to get a set of fascia spudgers), or a screwdriver wrapped in a soft cloth, pop the center fascia off. You should be met by 4 screws holding the radio in, and on removing you should have 2 wires (aerial and quad lock).

Just remember to put the aerial cable back on before you put the radio back!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Micro said:

If as per your profile, you have the mk 2.5.

Using a soft plastic tool (time to get a set of fascia spudgers), or a screwdriver wrapped in a soft cloth, pop the center fascia off. You should be met by 4 screws holding the radio in, and on removing you should have 2 wires (aerial and quad lock).

Just remember to put the aerial cable back on before you put the radio back!

Great, thanks for the info!  Will have a go on the weekend......

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

So I've finally got round to getting the whole CD unit out.  Getting to the laser to clean it manually seems to be a really tricky job.  I've got the unit in bits but still can't get at the laser as the cd slot just won't come away from the rest of it.  I've got at all the torx screws but there is one unreachable one holding the cd slot in.  Anyone got any ideas?  Am I missing something obvious?

Can you not get a cotton bud in there? 

11 minutes ago, MrRedman said:

Can you not get a cotton bud in there? 

Lol, i reckon that's what i've been missing.  I'll just liberally swab it and hope i hit the laser!  Cheers Paul.

• Like 1

ive had a non working cd for ages i dont get any error on the display it just dont work and wont release the cd hasnt bothered me but i will take it out and go to my local mechanic and use his air line to give it a good blow out and also use the cotton bud

• Like 1

no luck fixing mine i took it out gave it a blast with the air line and wired back in and still wouldnt eject cd so looks like £45/£50 from eBay for me

33 minutes ago, thecarpman said:

no luck fixing mine i took it out gave it a blast with the air line and wired back in and still wouldnt eject cd so looks like £45/£50 from ebay for me

What will you get on eBay?  A ford audio unit or just and adapted aftermarket one to fit the gap?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club