Do Not Sell My Personal Information

worth upgrading 1.0 100ps to zetec s 125 ?

Zack

i currently own 1.0 zetec ecoboost i am considering a 2016 zetec s 125 but will i notice any performance differnce?

Yes you will 100%. 

They're not just quicker, they're slightly lower too.

im looking at buying one soon thinking silver, should scrubb up well

Have you considered getting some improvements by working with what you've already got e.g. a Bluefin remap? Might be a more cost-effective option and stand to give you more benefit?

• Like 1

I have the 1.0 100 too. They didnt do the 140 when i got mine, i also wanted 5 doors and dress up kit and the zetec with that added was what i wanted...

They didnt offer the zetec with a 125 engine either i believe. But im looking at bluefin as mjnewton said. Ive also got a j1 induction kit to install sunday too... 

Wont be doing much more to it after that as its only my first car. Going to save up for the new style fez coming summer this year or a focus. Be interesting to see what can be done to the upcoming fiesta! Performance wise will be very similar to what is offered now. Then again, tuning companies are always developing! I'd just go with a bluefin and an induction kit or something, possibly look into a cat-back... 

looking at a silver fiesta zetec s 125 then add mountune 135 after so its slightly more powerfull. i would start looking into the new fez but personally i think you loose to much money from new so i think ill let someone else loose its value then go find a used on in 2 years or so 

1 hour ago, Zack said:

looking at a silver fiesta zetec s 125 then add mountune 135 after so its slightly more powerfull. i would start looking into the new fez but personally i think you loose to much money from new so i think ill let someone else loose its value then go find a used on in 2 years or so 

It's more powerful and I think cheaper to Bluefin the 125 than go the MP135 route. It can also be removed for resale or servicing purposes. 

3 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

It's more powerful and I think cheaper to Bluefin the 125 than go the MP135 route. It can also be removed for resale or servicing purposes. 

Mountune won't void the warranty though.

• Like 1

been looking on auto trader dailey but cant find anything locally, would prafer 140 but they cost more and harder to find ahh

Whereabouts you from? How many miles is the radius your searching? Are you wanting 125 or 140? And any proffered colour?

also what max. Mileage is acceptable for you?

let me know, I'll have a gander too. 

It may also be worth noting that a few second hand dealers can have vehicles transported to you for you to view, test drive.  Sometimes free of charge...

west midlands area. 125 or 140 not to fussed pretty much the same. max millage 25k. any colour cant decide 😂

22 hours ago, Zack said:

Snip......125 or 140 not to fussed pretty much the same......Snip

Don't mention this in ear shot of the 140 owners lol

Not really much difference 

125PS:

0 to 62mph
9.4 secs
Top Speed
122 mph
Brake Horse Power
125 bhp
Engine Capacity
998 cc
Engine Torque
147 ft-lb

140PS

0 to 62mph
9 secs
Top Speed
125 mph
Brake Horse Power
140 bhp
Engine Capacity
998 cc
Engine Torque
155 ft-lb

The slightly shorter gearing makes the biggest difference imo

• Like 1

its harder to find a 140 which isnt a red n black edition. im not to fussed about engine not to much differnce but a 140 would be cooler. i keep checking auto trader for a zetec s but not much coming up im ok to wait and look around for a deal 

2 hours ago, Zack said:

its harder to find a 140 which isnt a red n black edition. im not to fussed about engine not to much differnce but a 140 would be cooler. i keep checking auto trader for a zetec s but not much coming up im ok to wait and look around for a deal 

If you want a 140 that isn't red or black edition keep an eye out for titanium's.  You might get lucky. 

You can't get the 140 as a titanium, unless it's changed very recently.

• Like 1

I've got the 140 St-Line now but had the 125 as a hire car for a few days. The 140 feels a lot quicker compared to the 125 than the 0-60 times would suggest, 30-70 time is a lot quicker due to the shorter gearing . I've read somewhere that in 1st and 2nd gear the engine is limited on power/torque to protect the gearbox , not sure how true this is but I suspect the 0-60 time could be a lot quicker than the 8.7 secs quoted

• Like 1

now you have made me think should i be looking for a 140 😧 desicsions 

might have to wait till new stlye fiesta comes out people trade 1 in and hopefully find a st line then cant find many used at the min 

There are still lots of 2013 plates around with less than 25k on them - how about reconsidering a 100PS with 40PS remap? I know you mentioned not wishing to risk the warranty but most are out of warranty now.

i picked this up today at local ford. i currently have 100bhp the 125 still seens an improvment i guess! sorry about quality 

14868531562861031643398.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club