Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AutoBeam number plate units

Mort_

Just ordered some AutoBeam number plate units for my MK7, anybody had any experience with these and if they're any good?

Also, i've tried replacing my number plate bulbs before this but one of the clips seems to broken and the unit wont come out, any suggestions on what I should do to get them out?

Appreciate any replies.

Link to what i've ordered: https://www.autobeam.co.uk/product-page/44047908-3817-4e1a-f5a7-9e4b9a520946

If the clip is broken then the unit must have been glued in. It's only the clip and 2 protusion that hold the unit in. Need to be a bit more forceful.

Fitted mine a few days ago, the fit is spot on, they come out easier than the OE units, they are bright but not so much it's too much to see the plate.

to take the old ones out I used a small Allen key at more of an angle into the slot for the clip.

8 hours ago, karl46 said:

If the clip is broken then the unit must have been glued in. It's only the clip and 2 protusion that hold the unit in. Need to be a bit more forceful.

Okay mate thanks. 

30 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Fitted mine a few days ago, the fit is spot on, they come out easier than the OE units, they are bright but not so much it's too much to see the plate.

to take the old ones out I used a small Allen key at more of an angle into the slot for the clip.

You got any pictures of them fitted mate? Are they pure white or is there abit of a blue tint to them?

I bought the complete units from 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232196730306?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Perfect fit  and pure white. 2 minute job,(If you can get your old ones out OK.) Or unless you have pressed metal plates with a plastic frame. Then you have to remove the plate to get access.

12 minutes ago, karl46 said:

I bought the complete units from 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232196730306?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Perfect fit  and pure white. 2 minute job,(If you can get your old ones out OK.) Or unless you have pressed metal plates with a plastic frame. Then you have to remove the plate to get access.

Do they just plug into where you'd put a 501 bulb? Yeah the only thing i'm worried about is getting the old unit out due to whats happened but hopefully it should be fine, just don't want to ruin the paint getting it out haha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club