Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta st180 p1336 code

philypooo

just wondering if you guys would be able to help, i own a 2014 fiesta st180 now running the mountune mr265 kit, recently ive had an issue were the car struggles with power. its tempremental but when it has the fault u can pull away from a junction it will boost fine 80% of the time but the other times it will boost then it will cut out the boost folowed by a backfire, now i plugged my mtune handset in and when the cars not running it shows no faults. 

but when the car is running it gives me the code P1336 CKP (pos) cog . from looking i presume this is the crankshaft position sensor, is this something that is a straight swap or is it something that needs programing, 

p.s all hoses have been checked and all clamps are tight so its not a boost leak and the recirc valve is funtioning properly aswell 

anyhelp is greatly appreciated 

thankyou 

It should just be a straight swap as it is a fairly simple sensor. They can, and do, go bad - particularly when hot. Given they are a primary input for ignition timing this would explain the backfires due to misfiring.

thanks newton, il get that ordered up tomo and fitted asap and hopefully it cures it, thankyou for the help much appreciated

I'd contact Mountune or whoever fitted it, did you go MR265 from MR230 or from mp215/standard?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club