Do Not Sell My Personal Information

repair cost?

Tomo90

hi there. i have just been imvolved in a collision in my ford focus zetec s (2011). i have been scraped all down the passenger side on both doora and slightly on the front pannel. i have attached images so you can see the extent of the damage. can anybody tell me roughly how much i will be looking at paying to have it repaired.

any help will me much appreciated

thanks.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

• Like 1

Repair around £500-£700 if it's as dented as it looks and you want a top job doing, you might be better off sourcing used parts from a breakers yard or eBay

• Like 1

I've seen cars wrought off for less :sad:

i would try a breakers yard to replace the doors as this would be alot cheaper than the other way of getting it done, 

i'm sure theres a good reason you want to spend upto £700 out your own pocket rather than claim on insurance that youve already paid for.....

or are we missing something here ?

7 minutes ago, biff55 said:

i'm sure theres a good reason you want to spend upto £700 out your own pocket rather than claim on insurance that youve already paid for.....

Could be that his insurance excess is more than £700, otherwise yes I think it is a little strange. 

10 minutes ago, biff55 said:

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Could be that his insurance excess is more than £700, otherwise yes I think it is a little strange. 

These guys have a point at least with insurance you will miss out all the searching around for a decent repair shop or fitting new doors yourself, I can understand wanting to avoid to keep your NCB but have you got any mods that your insurance company don't know about?

no the car is standard. unfortunately i have just recovered from a broken wrist and have not been in work for the last 2 months self employed so no work no pay. as a result i have to pay double finance this month (finance car) and so cannot afford to pay a £500 excess to have it repaired. so im think the only choice i have is to wait and repair it myself. this is my first time in this situation and to be honest im not sure whats best to do :(

3 hours ago, Tomo90 said:

no the car is standard. unfortunately i have just recovered from a broken wrist and have not been in work for the last 2 months self employed so no work no pay. as a result i have to pay double finance this month (finance car) and so cannot afford to pay a £500 excess to have it repaired. so im think the only choice i have is to wait and repair it myself. this is my first time in this situation and to be honest im not sure whats best to do :(

As you can still drive it just concentrate on getting yourself better first worry about the car once you get back on your feet, in the mean time buy a Haynes Manual for your car it will show how to take things apart when the day comes to fixing it yourself, best thing to do repair wise would wait until you have £500 or go a breakers and get a quote.

Get well soon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

As you can still drive it just concentrate on getting yourself better first worry about the car once you get back on your feet, in the mean time buy a Haynes Manual for your car it will show how to take things apart when the day comes to fixing it yourself, best thing to do repair wise would wait until you have £500 or go a breakers and get a quote.

Get well soon. 

Agreed.  So long as the car still drives fine then that's all you need for the time being.  Once you are in a better and more secure financial position you can then fix the aesthetic issues.

thanks for all the advice guys youve been a massive help to me. i really appreciate it. i will get myself a haynes manual asap and some quotes. then hopefully things start getting better snd i can fix the car. looking at it alot closer i should only have to replace the front passenger as its the only thing that is really dented. the rest i think i can get repaired.

What did you have a collision with and who was at fault? I'm guessing it was your fault and the other party will be claiming against your insurance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club