Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TDDI using water

PHILJOBOOBOO

Hi there all my 51 reg mondeo tddi 115ps had a fit just over a week ago temp went in the red when i stopped the engine was'nt hot!! when i got home checked the coolant and there was very little or none in it. topped her up and she ran fine but checked the coolant level today an the tank was empty again i can't see any leaks oil looks fine anyone come across this before? phil :unsure:

Hi there all my 51 reg mondeo tddi 115ps had a fit just over a week ago temp went in the red when i stopped the engine was'nt hot!! when i got home checked the coolant and there was very little or none in it. topped her up and she ran fine but checked the coolant level today an the tank was empty again i can't see any leaks oil looks fine anyone come across this before? phil :unsure:

hi phil check your footwells under your carpets you may have a leak from the matrix pipes connected to your heater. dont just feel the carpets you must look below them as the water usually leaks below the soundproofing !!!! good luck

The wells are dry to touch have'nt lifted carpet but have had a matrix go in a fiesta before and it was soaked . the matrix was one of the first things i looked at cheers phil

Airlock ? Headgasket ? Check where your pipes to the heater go through the bulkhead especialy when car hot and pipes expanded get the engine hot turn the heater up full fan on full then top up ! .Also check oil for water and water for oil sign of headgasket failure ? Run very very strong anti-freeze mixtre 80% this will flush a lot of the crap out of your coolant system run for a couple off days like that then empty coolant flush both ways with hose then refil as befor should sort coolant system out .