Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre console 12v charge point

Jon Bhoy

Ok another little niggle . For the first time i decided after 2 years to try charging my phone (Samsung S5) via the centre console 12v charge point.I had bought a cigarette lighter type USB point similar to this......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-12V-USB-In-Car-Charger-Adapter-Plug-For-iPhone-6-5-5s-Samsung-HTC/351459536037?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dd1ee8fa2ce0144b39033787ac171cb84%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D201688330715

I plugged in a genuine charge cable then checked at the end of the 30 min journey and hadnt charged at all.Light went on on the USB unit but wondering as its a cheapy if its that that is the problem.If so can anyone recommend a good cigarrete lighter type plug that would be up to the job with the Focus please.

Cheers all.

16 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

just get a proper Samsung charger

I did a Google search before posting and saw some folk had trouble with the genuine USB Ciggie Lighter plug in some cars too so wanted to check here with folk to see if that was the case with the Focus rather than ending up with 2 plugs that dont work for charging.

29 minutes ago, Jon Bhoy said:

I did a Google search before posting and saw some folk had trouble with the genuine USB Ciggie Lighter plug in some cars too so wanted to check here with folk to see if that was the case with the Focus rather than ending up with 2 plugs that dont work for charging.

i got one like yours from pound shop and it plays up .I got the genuine Samsung charger and works OK

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

i got one like yours from pound shop and it plays up .I got the genuine Samsung charger and works OK

Great stuff John,many thanks.Will stop being tight and get the genuine thing ;-)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Great stuff John,many thanks.Will stop being tight and get the genuine thing ;-)

glad to help mate

i got ths one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331944630222?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Just ordered one.By the way was hoping the mighty 'tallica were coming to our shores this year as i missed the chance of getting into the Vans gig :-(

1 minute ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Just ordered one.By the way was hoping the mighty 'tallica were coming to our shores this year as i missed the chance of getting into the Vans gig :-(

me too .id love to see them one last time

• Like 1

Me too mate,saw them with Cliff and was lucky enough to see them at the 100 club in 87.

ive seen them twice at earls court and at wembley

i was surprised when listening to some iron maiden that i realized that the Metallica song remember tomorrow was actually written and sung by maiden in 1980

• Like 1

Oh yeah,the Maiden track is a classic.Think Metallica covered it for one of the Kerrang/Metal Hammer cover cd's.Got tickets to see Maiden in may and was hoping to see Anthrax this friday but sadly healths playing up.Sorry....taken over this thread with rock now haha.Never a bad thing ;-)

Saw them at twice on Damage Inc tour in 86 (Six days before Cliff died :-( ) , 100 club in 87,then Donnington in 87,twice on the Justice tour (still the best tour imho) and then not seen them since due to health probs and basically not enjoying them as much.

On 06/02/2017 at 9:46 PM, Jon Bhoy said:

Oh yeah,the Maiden track is a classic.Think Metallica covered it for one of the Kerrang/Metal Hammer cover cd's.Got tickets to see Maiden in may and was hoping to see Anthrax this friday but sadly healths playing up.Sorry....taken over this thread with rock now haha.Never a bad thing ;-)

Saw them at twice on Damage Inc tour in 86 (Six days before Cliff died :-( ) , 100 club in 87,then Donnington in 87,twice on the Justice tour (still the best tour imho) and then not seen them since due to health probs and basically not enjoying them as much.

i think this is the best thread going lol

ive seen maiden about 3 times mainly at Hamersmith i think it was .still got the programs .have you watched the iron maiden vid of them touring in a plane edforce 1

any way what i do is look for a connector on the fuse box in foot well that doesnt have a wire connected too and i find out what fuse place it is i add a wire and fuse and you have power

I have the OnePlus 3T with the official DASH charging charger for the car. Charges it to full in 30 minutes like it would on the wall brick.

• Like 1

Always like to come back if the matter gets sorted so just wanted to say a huge thanks to John and Andy for responses.Got a genuine unit and charge works fine.The cable i think was fine but the cheap plug for the Ciggie lighter i just think was not up to the job.So less than a fiver and all is well.Thanks guys.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club