Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I going to like this or not?

NeilRS

Hi all- ordered my EDGE last August and it has now arrived in the U.K.- I'm picking up on March 4th.  I did have a 10 year old range Rover sport which was used for holidays and caravan pulling, and a Merc 280 estate which I use as an everyday car to commute in. As both cars were quite old and both quite pricey to service and fix- we decided to get rid of those and swap them for something new and cheap to run, but could still do both jobs. The Edge seemed the fit the bill. I still have the Merc but will sell it once the Edge is with us- as long as I like it. 

Just a bit worried I'm going to hate it. Please tell me I'm being paranoid! 

You need to learn to ignore all the negative comments on here and make your own mind up.

Jim

Ps. Pick mine up the same day but I am only moving from a Mondeo so I'm not "stepping down" as you are.

Thanks Jim- was hoping it would be a step up in terms of reliability! 

Maybe we could compare notes on collection day! 

I've had 2 Mondeos.  The first was a Mk 3 and lasted me 10 years and 196000 miles with only one non-servicing defect, a corroded wire on the airbag crash switch under the bonnet.  Current Mondeo is Mk4 and have had it for 3 years and 50000 miles and only 2 small warranty jobs, rear camera needed a cable loom change (modified) and drivers wing mirror folding became intermittent.  Other than that, nearly 1/4 million miles of hassle free motoring.

Circumstances now require a car with a little more off road capability (ground clearance) than the Mondeo so kinda gambling that a ford built in Canada might have the same reliability as the previous 2 built in Belgium.

Time will tell.

Jim

@NeilRS, I've had 10 years of trouble free and enjoyable motoring with a Focus (56 Plate) and a 11 Plate Kuga. I've had my Edge since the beggining of december and I love it. I have read al kinds of reviews slating it off just because its a Ford and not on its merits and value for money. Yes, it could be better in places, but you can say that about every car. Trust me .. you'll love it.

Thanks Simon- I've also got a Focus which I've had for 8 years and has never missed a beat. To be honest the Edge will be the most I've ever spent on a car so just nervous! 

• 3 weeks later...

Had mine since 22nd December. Love mine so far. Just fitted mud flaps, and i bought the protection pack of 4 rubber mats and boot liner. Really pleased.

Had mine since 22nd December. Love mine so far. Just fitted mud flaps, and i bought the protection pack of 4 rubber mats and boot liner. Really pleased.

Less than 2 weeks left for me now. Just want rid of my focus now.

On 2/8/2017 at 3:00 PM, Jim610 said:

You need to learn to ignore all the negative comments on here and make your own mind up.

Jim

Ps. Pick mine up the same day but I am only moving from a Mondeo so I'm not "stepping down" as you are.

I guess you are aiming this post at the likes of me. My experiences of the Edge is that it is absolute rubbish! And I have good cause to think so. 

And to be fair, I was enjoying this car until things, a lot of things started going wrong. 

The Mondeo I have as a courtesy car is far superior. I love it. I'm going to trade my woeful Edge in for a Mondeo, even if I do become Mondeo man! 

If you're gonna buy a Ford go with something built in Europe. 

Hi, Had my edge since october 2016 and got to say im enjoying driving the car, had a few slight problems with build quality but nothing major, think at the end of the day u have to make your own mind up. Good for towing .

On a slightly different track I have a Focus St 2.5 340 BHP what the hell could I change that to (if I wanted ) with out being disappointed performance wize

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, BRIAN MORRIS said:

Hi Brian,

How did you get on with fitting the mudflaps? I've got a set waiting to go on mine but haven't had them out of the packaging yet to look at what's involved.

On 25/02/2017 at 9:29 PM, Kylinski said:

I guess you are aiming this post at the likes of me.

Not particularly, car forums in general (have a look at Disco Sport forum if you really want to see a car with endemic problems).  You do however seem to have a particularly bad lemon and I'm sure you have every reason to be hacked off with it. 

There has however been over 5000 Edges shipped to the UK since release and they can’t all be bad or we’d be hearing a lot more about it on here.

Most people with no reason to complain never go near a forum.  I've had 2 Mondeos over the last 13 years and never had any problems; hence never visited a forum.  I joined this forum to glean as much info as I could during the car choice elimination exercise and then the protracted wait.  I pick mine up on Sat.

So, although I acknowledge you, and some others, have had bad experiences (and I empathise) but I don’t automatically assume that I will.  I might live to regret making that last statement but I will wait and make up my own mind based on my own experiences in my own car.

Hope you get yours fixed soon.

Regards

Jim

Looking forward to collection on Saturday morning- got a nice long drive from Eastbourne back up to Oxford to suss it out! 

16 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Looking forward to collection on Saturday morning- got a nice long drive from Eastbourne back up to Oxford to suss it out! 

I envy you. I leave central Germany next Thursday afternoon through Holland, Belgium and France through the Euro-tunnel to collect mine in Brighton on Friday morning. Then as soon as its collected drive up to Hull for the night to then get a Ferry from Hull to Rotterdam on sat night to drive them back to central Germany by Sunday afternoon. I dont start work till 10am on Mondays though so not all bad.

Well, on Sat morning I have to get myself only 15 miles to the dealer to pick mine up.  I'll then need to use my imagination to get a decent trip in it to see how it is.

I'm sure I'll manage.

What do yo think jim? Thrilled with mine

Me too, see "First Impressions" thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked mine up on the 10th and it's been in the ford service for 4 days and they still can't solves the few problems...very disappointed. Ford are even giving me loan car tomorrow as they don't know how to fix the problems....really fed up 

Break system warning light. No stop start working. Lane driving system doesn't work. Drivers heated seat doesn't work..