Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 Mk6 Zetec-s tdci fuel valve location?

Ryanj

Hi guys,

Having some problems with my fiesta, started with my plugs not working, after 3 being seized and being drilled out later, all was well...so I thought.

Car starts up fine now, however 3-4 seconds and it will cut out, takes a good few turns to start up again and doesn't run smoothly at all, white smoke out the back if I leave it or give it a gentle rev to clear it out. After 30 seconds it runs smooth as it could. Drives a dream and i'm getting 50mpg. Done a bit of research online and found a couple of people who have explained the exact same issue they had. Looking like a leak from diesel leak off pipes letting air in.

Anyway, short term fix till new pipes come, I read that 'If you pump the black flexible fuel valve on the left side of the cam cover 20 times or so until you feel fuel entering the bulb, you will purge air from the system and the car will start. you may need to do this each time you leave the car switched off for a while'

I've had a nosey and can't seem to see this, can anyone point me in the right direction or if there is a picture of under the bonnet showing where it is at all?

Any help much appreciated.

Ryan

I thought ford did not fit these, whereas I think Peugeot did on the same diesel engines.

I think you are describing one of these type of things which can be fitted in the diesel fuel pipe:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-Kangoo-Laguna-1-9-diesel-fuel-primer-hand-pump-manual-prima-/252753713269?hash=item3ad94b9875:g:UP4AAOSw4DJYlKix

I think some peugeots with those ford/peugeot diesels engines have them in the place you refer to. Were you reading help stuff on peugeots because you knew it was same engine?

sorry if I have misunderstood

Hi Isetta,

No it was a thread for a 2004 1.4 tdci fiesta zetec.

I was looking for something like that but to no avail.

my 2007 1.6tdci fiesta definitely did not have one of those rubber priming bulbs which is extremely inconvenient when changing the fuel filter 

You know what, I've read it again and the guy who said about the pump didn't state he had a fiesta, so could well be a Peugeot like you mentioned! It's the same problem from the sounds of it anyway so hopefully the kit will sort it out. Thanks

your car doesnt have the same primer bulb as the mk 6 fiesta  and the later fiestas didnt have the same issues with the pipework letting air in

Mine seems to have :( ha. Not a common fault i'm guessing?

19 hours ago, iantt said:

your car doesnt have the same primer bulb as the mk 6 fiesta  and the later fiestas didnt have the same issues with the pipework letting air in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club