Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Would you sell a good car if another comes along???

jace1969

As in the title,if your car is A1 and had it for just over 2 years (mine 1.6 titanium) with no fault and got on what you need but another one you see you like would you hand it in.

Why i ask,ford rang me where i had my car from saying the chap who handed my car in is having another new one in march and he is handing in a 1 litre ecoboost 125ps in

same color and is a titanium x with a lot of toys on as he did with my car,he looks after them amazing like wash/wax every week and in garage,low miles,service every 6 months etc.

Would you consider if yours is A1 and its paid for,MPG don't come into it as only do low miles.

• Like 1

As in the title,if your car is A1 and had it for just over 2 years (mine 1.6 titanium) with no fault and got on what you need but another one you see you like would you hand it in.
Why i ask,ford rang me where i had my car from saying the chap who handed my car in is having another new one in march and he is handing in a 1 litre ecoboost 125ps in
same color and is a titanium x with a lot of toys on as he did with my car,he looks after them amazing like wash/wax every week and in garage,low miles,service every 6 months etc.
Would you consider if yours is A1 and its paid for,MPG don't come into it as only do low miles.

Me personally, yes. I'd love a TitX. Although the 1.6 Ecoboost would suit me be better.

5 minutes ago, kpg said:

Me personally, yes. I'd love a TitX. Although the 1.6 Ecoboost would suit me be better.

Mine is just the normal 1.6 but only done 25k and i have been in a 1 litre ecoboost in a focus,i like the eco but just off engine wont gain me a lot if any on MPG etc.

Have anyone done this then looked back thinking that was a dam good car i handed in.....Why did i ?

It all depends what he have added on from new as i have a few things on mine which aint on the new Tit x and millage

Just was seeing what people thinks on this as if there is no known faults on your own its just for newer car how would you look at this.

I did that to the wife's car, didn't tell her until the day before we had to sign and I only told her then cos it was her car lol.
She had a two yr old 1.0l eco 125 in white, think it was a tit with low mileage. Dealer rang me and said he could do a good deal on another new fiesta but this time in red and a tit X, same engine. Worked out to be £11 less a month for a newer better spec car! So I jumped at the chance, the wife was proper ***** off though, saying I didn't need to swap it as nothing wrong with her current car. 1 week into the swap and she prefers the new one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think it also comes down how much he will give for mine and how much this one is when it is up for sale.

Mine had the street pack or something like that when a 2011 tit was new,full leather,larger alloys (zetc s) and other stuff but its just seeing what this got on it.

Some people keeps them for years as this is why i asked if your car was A1 just going say 3 years newer would you.

It's worth bearing in mind that the vast majority of added extras are put on at the first owners expense and you are never going to recoup that money. At best it makes the car more saleable in the future and adds a little on to the value but nowhere near what the add ons cost. I changed purely down to the fact that I change every 3 years anyway and this made financial sense at the time to change a year early. If I had bought a car and added a lot on to it to get everything I wanted then I may be less inclined to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Value wise if it's going to be a good deal for you then it's a good shout, like Jonro's experience. I'm always a bit sentimental with cars though, and if they've served me well i'll be loathed to get rid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club