Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midnighttd mk 3.5 Titanium estate

midnighttd

Though i may as well start a topic on it. Progress has been slow due to work. 

Started of with a 2016 Mk3.5 1.5 tdci Titanium.

Sadly it doesnt come with the appearance packs as nobody ever specs it on a titanium.20160628_113216.jpg

I had always wondered why i just didnt buy an ST but the deals at the time just didnt stack up.

The original plan was to just get mondeo or Focus 19" wheels.

However i liked the kuga versions. A little trial fit before paint.

20160729_202021.jpg

received_1244772245582974.jpeg

Managed to find a cheap roof spoiler so on it went.

20161022_165715.jpg

Wheels finally on after being aeay for 3 months and i was happy how it sat. Standard ride height and no scrubbing at lock.

20170201_102825.jpg

I had spent many a day on eBay looking for a cheap set of side skirts to get painted and fire on. To my surprise for the total of £165 you can have a brand new set of st skirts pre painted delivered within 3 days.

20170210_150013.jpg

Thats how it sits today im waiting on tge paintshop finishing my zetec s lower front valence. As for rear bumper i have decided to paint the standard lower part and then finiah the lower lip with the 2 rear sensors gloss black.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, midnighttd said:

Wheels finally on after being aeay for 3 months and i was happy how it sat. Standard ride height and no scrubbing at lock.

20170201_102825.jpg

I had spent many a day on ebay looking for a cheap set of side skirts to get painted and fire on. To my surprise for the total of £165 you can have a brand new set of st skirts pre painted delivered within 3 days.

20170210_150013.jpg

Thats how it sits today im waiting on tge paintshop finishing my zetec s lower front valence. As for rear bumper i have decided to paint the standard lower part and then finiah the lower lip with the 2 rear sensors gloss black.

Those skirts are a completely different white to your car! Other than that, your car looks absolutely stunning! Looking forward to seeing what the current non-body coloured bits come out like.

I almost went for the ST-3 estate, instead went for the Titanium X as I couldn't justify it over a 1.5TDCi for about 5K less, and the same features other than a sporty look, higher fuel consumption and higher tax.

40 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Those skirts are a completely different white to your car! Other than that, your car looks absolutely stunning! Looking forward to seeing what the current non-body coloured bits come out like.

I almost went for the ST-3 estate, instead went for the Titanium X as I couldn't justify it over a 1.5TDCi for about 5K less, and the same features other than a sporty look, higher fuel consumption and higher tax.

Thats usually what happens when you put clean new painted bits on a dirty car. 

I sometimes miss the power. Might remap it. I only ever commute a couple times a month do doesnt really make a difference to me fuel usage wise.

I can assure they are correct white.

After a wash

20170211_170230.jpg

• Like 1

Thinking of sticking RS vents on the bonnet but unlike most i will only stick them on as non functional. Im not into cutting the bonnet.

FB_IMG_1486842842167.jpg

17 minutes ago, dans34 said:

do you have a link to the pre painted skirts  ?

I used my local dealer.

Below are part number pics. These are for frozen white but partd guy should get other colours from it.

All i did was ask him for pre painted ST estate skirts. When he looked the car type up the link showed part numbers for each colour.

20170211_201402.jpg

20170211_201502.jpg20170211_201524.jpg

I had managed to source a zetec s frint splitter from eBay but it arrived damaged. 

Off to the painters it went. 

Finally got it back today.

20170218_113525.jpg

• Like 1

A quick trip to the bodyshop and im finally happy.

I couldnt justify the cost of a zetec s rear bumpr and splitter.

This is the standard Titanium rear bumper done in white with the lower part gloss black to finish it off.

20170224_174403.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great as the skirts and wheels really make a great difference ..

Thanks. 

Still undecided about RS vents. Not keen on cutting the bonnet tbh.

Nice progress - one thing that sticks out to me is the rear roof spoiler... is it seated in the correct placd? Seems to be sitting a little just short of the mark compared to mine

Photo 15-01-2017, 15 23 24.jpg

Its better on passenger side. I had wife help me stick it on and her side is slightly out. I cant be bothered trying to take ot back off so i just live with it.

Its better on passenger side. I had wife help me stick it on and her side is slightly out. I cant be bothered trying to take ot back off so i just live with it.

6 hours ago, midnighttd said:

Fair enough! Wheels suit it well!

• 1 month later...

Forgot i hadnt done a side shot.

20170413_102115.jpg

• 6 months later...
On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:49 PM, midnighttd said:

A quick trip to the bodyshop and im finally happy.

I couldnt justify the cost of a zetec s rear bumpr and splitter.

This is the standard Titanium rear bumper done in white with the lower part gloss black to finish it off.

20170224_174403.jpg

Any other mk3 frozen white estate owners around? Looking to put my car back to std and need an unpainted rear bumper section in exchange for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2017 at 11:49 AM, midnighttd said:

I had managed to source a zetec s frint splitter from ebay but it arrived damaged. 

Off to the painters it went. 

Finally got it back today.

20170218_113525.jpg

Looks very nice! Noticed you have DRL but you mentioned not having the appearance pack, did you fit these after market as well?

It was a titanium model so came with them

• 3 years later...

So I’m back in a Ford. ST-2 Estate Diesel.

51740812-EB55-4E8E-9ED3-E27983BE2CE2.jpeg

2B4A64A3-B367-4CC4-B77F-558328580C46.jpeg

First change as I like the style of wheels

A110BFFB-89BB-4D9D-A090-B3BE5DAB475D.jpeg

47E50982-6DA6-40D9-8192-2427FE349B90.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club