Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch pedal sticking Mk3

richardc1983

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

15-1061

They can't find this TSB?

Managed to get the TSB sent over from Ford (attached) it states that it supersedes 15/1013 but doesn't mention 39-2012.

Did the 15-1013 supercede the 39-2012?

50509 (2).pdf

nope, that old 39-2012 just dissapeared, probably due to not fixing the issues. quite often older tsbs get withdrawn .

New clutch kit coming and being installed, not just the clutch plate they doing the lot after much debate and arguments.

IMG_7381.PNG

Just an update: 

Car has had a new clutch kit, flywheel etc and still the same. Whilst the sensation of the mats getting caught under the pedal has gone which was detailed in the TSB. Gear changes are rarely smooth from 1-3 until you get to 4th leaving me feeling like I am not driving properly. The courtesy cars I have had while my car was in (a VW Polo and a Skoda Fabia) had really smooth gear changes. For me its down to this anti stall feature where it puts the engine revs up, whilst this is useful for hill starts as it holds the car in place for normal roads it causes the car to jolt  and passengers think I am not driving properly. Sometimes it doesn't happen though but I cant seem to settle down with the biting point. If I take my foot completely off quickly then apply the accelerator it could be ok, then other times it jolts.

Seems a similar issue to 

Beautiful car, perhaps I am gonna have to live with it.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue, did you ever get the clutch problem fixed? 

What was the issue?

How much did it cost?

Cheers!

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2017 at 9:10 PM, isetta said:

you need to get your head up by the pedals to have a look whilst you push the pedal down and up with your hand, or someone in the passenger seats puts their right leg over to do it whilst you look.  you might find this is less hassle than taking car to garage depending on what you find. could be spring catching on something? I can't recall what they look like with regard to the spring.

Hi yes have same problems with my  focus st line clutch pedal clicks near top of pedal .replaced the spring and plastic holder with steeder spring now much better.

Edited by Rayvr46
Miss wording

On 2/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, richardc1983 said:

Sometimes when I take my foot off the clutch pedal it seems to be sticking just before it reaches the fully up position - annoying as causes the car to judder as it then springs back to the fully up position as if I am not changing gear smoothly. Looks like another trip back to the car people! 

Fitted new clutch return spring kit now working fine .With no problems of pedal sticking .