Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing Mirror Light

DrewP

Hello All,

I have 2012 mk3 zetec s and the passenger side wing mirror under light is not work? how do I go about changing it?

Many Thanks

Drew

You need to carefully prise off the mirror, and you can then pull the bulb holder out.

sounds worrying, is it easily broken? which side comes of first? what kind of bulb is it?

Easier to pull off the mirror cap and remove the indicator lens.
Puddle light bulb holder can then be pulled out with a pair of needle nose pliers.
The bulbs are T10 (w5w).

Sent from my SM-G930F

Obviously the picture depicts the access to the indicator bulbs but the puddle light sockets are behind the indicator lenses so the strip down of the mirror casing is relevant.
Tbh, removing the mirror face is pretty easy too, I know this as some little scrot decided last sunday to try removing my mirror with their foot resulting in a scuffed cover, popped out indicator lens and a dangling mirror face.
The parts all clipped back together really easily in just a minute or so.
The mirror face is only held onto the adjuster mechanism by a few small push clips so should pop out with a bit of moderate pulling.
I'd start at the outside edge to avoid accidentally yanking on the heater wiring.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I had to replace a damaged complete mirror unit and in my opinion it isn't possible to access the cover clips without first unclipping the mirror glass. See my attached guide.

Guide.pdf

• Like 1

I've had my mirror caps off many times without removing the glass.
Tilt the glass down fully and insert 2 small screwdrivers to pop the clips then the cap lifts off easily.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I've had my mirror caps off many times without removing the glass.
Tilt the glass down fully and insert 2 small screwdrivers to pop the clips then the cap lifts off easily.

Sent from my SM-G930F

ordered some amber leds for the wing mirrors yesterday so your guides a lifesaver stoney lol.

thumbs up  :-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club