Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta 125 ecoboost cambelt fail

russ adi

my  2013 125 ecoboost fiestas cambelt has failed. Ford main dealer wants £1400 to replace and says then they can tell if engine is ok or not. It has a full service history from new, was told that the belt should be replaced at 150,000. I have done 108,000 so has failed two thirds through its life span. Ford head office are not interested in assisting. Is thewre anything i can do to get them to help with cost as it is an early fail?

The emphasis here is on the word should. It's a guide as to how long it should last but not that it necessarily will as there are so many variables. 

Have you had it since new? High mileage for 2013. My 08 Golf TDI only has 62k miles on the clock.

I believe a cambelt is wear and tear so you might struggle to bring an argument of satisfactory quality using your statutory rights. 

Have you tried an independent garage? See how much they charge and get them to inspect it to see what their opinion is. 

hi. Yes, i have had it since new. It is a car that I use for work. Was intending to change it around 125,000 thinking that doing it early would save problems, did not expect it to go this early. The car has always been serviced on schedule and is looked after. What got me was that the Ford garage wanted me to pay for the cambelt repair and said that there would be no guarentee that the engine would be ok, so I could spend all that and still have a wrecked engine. am taking it out of the garage soon and will get it checked by an independant person.