Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil and battery lights on.

Madmax12

Hello everyone,i have a fiesta MK6 2003,a couple of days ago i've fitted a universal central locking system from eBay,all good until today when the oil and battery lights came on in the dash,also the whole dash went off while i was driving.The lights only come on when the contact is in 2 position,after i start the engine they go off. I was told that could be a short circuit,what could cause this problems?.

I think if they go off when the car is started then it's fine. It's sounds normal to me but I could be wrong

query sounds confusing, but to elaborate on earlier answer:

with ignition on and engine not running the battery light will be on to warn you that it is not charging (it can not charge if engine not running). when you start the engine, the battery light goes off if charging correctly.

with ignition on and engine not running the oil pressure light will be on to warn you that there is no/low oil pressure (there can be no oil pressure if the engine is not running). when you start the engine, the oil pressure light goes off if the oil pressure is correct.

If there was a short circuit I would have thought that should have blown a fuse somewhere meaning things could not return to normal until the fuse was replaced

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club